• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] 5.03 TIFF Hello World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a screenshot/picture after the Exploit

Here you go...

w03wbt.jpg

Archaemic

Not what I said. Anyway, I've had a chat with MaTiAz via PM, and I'm feeling less bitter now, but still a little annoyed, mainly at some lack of coordination. I'm still wary...perhaps of drama that may still occur, independent of me.

E] That's odd. It just blanked the screen when I tried it. No "Hello World".

Urghh...Easter Eggsploit? It should have been called the Laughing Man exploit D:

Archaemic

Odd, I can't get the POC to do anything other than blank the screen and then crash. Even with my own h.bin in place. Does it have to be on 5.03? I'm on 5.00 M33-2...

Redouan

You must be on 5.03 or down. Go to 5.02 GEN-A, and start 5.02 ofw. Then test it out,

MaTiAz

Contributor
Odd, I can't get the POC to do anything other than blank the screen and then crash. Even with my own h.bin in place. Does it have to be on 5.03? I'm on 5.00 M33-2...
Do you have any plugins loaded? All sorts of customizations may affect it working. I've only tested it on a *clean* M33/OFW, no other plugins than psplink/usbhostfs, no custom themes or anything. Also I first made it on 5.00 M33(-4), so it shouldn't be that... Works great for me on 5.00-5.03, OFW and CFW.

Try and Restoring to Default Settings, It worked for me no problem when I did that as I couldn't get it to work before.

Redouan

Do you have any plugins loaded? All sorts of customizations may affect it working. I've only tested it on a *clean* M33/OFW, no other plugins than psplink/usbhostfs, no custom themes or anything. Also I first made it on 5.00 M33(-4), so it shouldn't be that... Works great for me on 5.00-5.03, OFW and CFW.

I thought you must be on OFW.

Sea216

Anyone test this in old firmwares like 2.00?
Seems like it should work with v2.00 and higher; It won't work with 1.5 though because that firmware doesn't have the tiff image library.

I finally got it to work after I don't know how many tries; I installed OFW 5.00 and put the poc.tiff in it's own folder in photo.

Archaemic

Module locations and sizes will probably be different on older firmwares, so I doubt it'll work that far back.

Anyway, restoring default settings didn't make it work for me. Odd. It's not even blanking the screen anymore. Correction: I was on 5.00 M33-3, but I doubt that would do anything different. I have all the VSH plugins off any everything. Very odd...

Yankeemike81

Matiaz, good work. :w00t:

So this is only usermode?

Also, QJ.Net does not have this on their homepage yet. Its 3:40 PM EST, and they still don't have it. XD.

i saw this on n4g.com submited it psp.qj.net last night so hoping something goes up on monday.
I hope this contiues to work out i would love to have Homebrew again on my psp 3000 i miss it on my old psp 1k that i sold a while back

Redouan

It's posted 2 times.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM EST ----------

sadly I have no fat, so i can't test it.

apex

Arch: How many times u tried? I had to try like 15 times before the exploit worked. If it works it should load immediatly after clicking mem stick in the photo menu

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Awesome. Now my buddy's PSP can get hacked when you release the slim version. It doesn't matter what motherboard it is right?

Status
Not open for further replies.