• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] 5.03 TIFF Hello World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adiuvo

You're part of a few then. Like I said before, on fake cards it usually doesn't work at all. Guess even the fakes are getting better in quality.

Adiuvo

Emulators, probably since they're homebrew technically, but PSX games using POPS will not be possible.

gen.-pimp

I have a question but don't know if anyone asked it yet. Will the Hen be capable of running PSPTUBE thats my favorite application ? thank for making hen firmware and effort.

ForgottenHero

I have a question but don't know if anyone asked it yet. Will the Hen be capable of running PSPTUBE thats my favorite application ? thank for making hen firmware and effort.

Not exactly. PSPTUBE (in the case of the psp2000 and 3000) use the special more ram.

If HEN unblocks this extra memory you can use it, if not, no, :blushing:

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM EST ----------

will psx-support not be added because of the piracy or is it linked to the iso capabilitys of the hen and thus not possible?

PSX Support dont need any ISO load support to work.

In the GEN / M33 firmwares the file that patch the pops emulator is "popcorn.prx".

HEN need make this patches (and use a special config file to load in this mode) to make this patches, and of course you need patch some little things in the "game_plugin.prx" module to avoid the DRM check in the psx load games.

Anyways, if a HEN is released...well, only is a matter of time than M33 uses this exploit to make a fully custom firmware to it, :blushing: (it is my opinion)

ForgottenHero

Can't make a custom firmware to it without figuring out the tech details of the pre-ipl, yes?

No, you dont need the pre-ipl to make a fully custom firmware.

You can make a HEN (a custom firmware with fully options) in a temporary way ( i mean, always that you dont reboot the machine you will stay in the custom firmware with full options), but , if you want make a PERMANENT custom firmware in this case, yes, you need crack the pre-ipl, :blushing:

Granite

Hardcore Prawn
Hmm its hard to tell at this stage.
Im sure if it doesnt work on HEN it will be very easily fixed.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
No, you dont need the pre-ipl to make a fully custom firmware.

You can make a HEN (a custom firmware with fully options) in a temporary way ( i mean, always that you dont reboot the machine you will stay in the custom firmware with full options), but , if you want make a PERMANENT custom firmware in this case, yes, you need crack the pre-ipl, :blushing:

Well appearently the pre-ipl checkes for s0ny's signature...can we forge that?

Necro Star

Well appearently the pre-ipl checkes for s0ny's signature...can we forge that?

It's possible but highly unlikely. With the pre-ipl checks having to be genuine if its off the slightest it'll just brick the psp and not let it boot. It's just as much as saying why cant we just launch homebrew already including Sony's signature to play games on OFW. It's possible, highly unlikely though.

agentnnc said:
it was a thought though...maybe we can change the pre-ipl?

Pre-IPL is read-only and is found in the hardware so that means the Pre-IPL cannot be changed at all.

raing3

@Davee: Will the HEN patch the NIDs? Otherwise there will be so much kernel mode homebrew which doesn't work, suppose that will possibly be a good thing though and help prevent people from bricking their consoles.

Necro Star said:
It's possible but highly unlikely. With the pre-ipl checks having to be genuine if its off the slightest it'll just brick the psp and not let it boot. It's just as much as saying why cant we just launch homebrew already including Sony's signature to play games on OFW. It's possible, highly unlikely though.

Forging s0nY's signature is illegal, that's why none of the homebrew developers do that. That's why we have to hack the PSP to run unsigned code.

Status
Not open for further replies.