• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tiff Exploit - HEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
What's a LUA player?

LUA Player allows the PSP to run LUA-scripted games as opposed to the traditional C-variant that is used for most PSP homebrew. LUA is more basic and easier to get into.

As far as telling what kind of motherboard you have you can google it, but a user elsewhere made a good guide: [Here]

Yankeemike81

eh hopefully some one finds a way for Custom Firmware. on psp 3k but normal homebrew still good id love to beable to play some snes games on my psp again

MaxMouseDLL

Just to state, that there is NO possible chance of bricking the system. The whole procedure remains in memory. There is also checks so TA-88v3 and 3000 cannot assign flash0 into read+write.

Great idea to stop the "I bricked my PSP using this exploit, what now?" posts... will it be capable of at least reading the flashes of TA-088v3/TA-090v2's maybe consider releasing something that can both read/write for developers... with EXTREME warnings all over it... it may help devs.. just a thought..

Fives

Great idea to stop the "I bricked my PSP using this exploit, what now?" posts... will it be capable of at least reading the flashes of TA-088v3/TA-090v2's maybe consider releasing something that can both read/write for developers... with EXTREME warnings all over it... it may help devs.. just a thought..

i agree with this

DreamShore

I think preventing assigning flash0 into rw mode doesn't mean we cannot assign it into ronly mode. No one can do anything good before we know the Pre-IPL if he writes the flash0, I think.

Streakyzulu

Look at this:

PSP Firmware (v5.50) Update - PlayStation.Blog

Tiff exploit patched for sure

Well, obviously it looks as if sony is getting on the ball to rain on our parade once again. As i'm new to this whole homebrew thing i've got a question about it. Is it possible for them to force update while you are on the psnStore app or the internet browser? Should i just turn my WLAN switch off? Sorry if it's a dumb question...still kinda new to all this.

Temet

Just to be sure, because the TIFF exploit will not support CFW, we will be "stuck" on FW 5.03 right and not be able to update to 5.05? Because i have to say, the whole subfolders thing sounds AMAZING!

Amazing???? My main concern is "How on earth they made PSP users wait 4 years for such a basic feature???"

My point is if that is their "killer feature" to make me update now that a HEN a possible... they can wait for long!

OT : I listen only Ogg Vorbis with my wonderfull iAudio D2 ;), no need a PSP to listen to the music for me.

EDIT for Streakyzulu : I don't think they can force you... legal issue ;)

Kuraudo

EDIT for Streakyzulu : I don't think they can force you... legal issue ;)

Ideally, no, but then again Windows Update has a knack for automatically downloading updates and then restarting when nobody's looking, so that the user comes back to the computer to find "Windows installed new updates!" while they're more concerned with what the computer was doing before Windows had a random restart. It's possible PSP could always do something like that.

Moose

Meta Moose
Please keep all 5.50 firmware update posts here. I will be deleting all further off-topic posts that are associated with this new firmware.

Davee

lolhax

Reading is possible. Writing is very easy to achieve. All I do is block the export, you can easily do this:
Code:
SceModule2 *mod = sceKernelFindModuleByName("sceIoFileManager");
sceIoAssign = (void *)(mod->text_addr + 0x1AEC);

Then sceIoAssign is fully usable.

blue girl

does the HEn still up for today?

is it been tested or not ready yet?

will be a post with all the app that can n cannot run?

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
does the HEn still up for today?
There's been no posted change to that effect. Davee still maintains later today or tomorrow. If there's a change of plans we will update the first post and thread title.

is it been tested or not ready yet?
This really doesn't matter; you'll get it when Davee and minions decide it's ready ;)
will be a post with all the app that can n cannot run?
The first we'll likely do after the release has been posted will be to create a thread for people to use for reporting what works and what doesn't.

zarz

Even though dont have a 3k but this thing is driving me crazy...I wanna analyze it [hope people are permitted to do that lol]...
but it would be a great achievement...good luck kiddo :p

marioN64

So im new here and all, but what does this exploit allow you to do? And how and where do I download it? Also I know that it can't run ISO's and stuff, I know it can run homebrew but what else does the exploit do?

Status
Not open for further replies.