• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A Install Guide

Roe

Well sometimes when the power lead twitches the psp turns off so try it again and dont make any sudden moves

Nel

ok thanks .........i did again it just did the same thing just shut down am i supposed to reformat the memory card before i doo the third step?

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
I would recreate the dxar, IOW run the updatemaker again.

Nel

ok thanks i figured it out it ended up being i put the data.dxar on the wrong folder i put it on the second folder that has % that symbol and then i tried it and it worked and now im running 3.40 woooooooooo thanks alot for your help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ohh yeah with one more question with 3.40 you can play iso games?

Cheezeball99

Yes, now after you've upgraded I would suggest reformatting your card so it creates all of the necessary folders. The one you put ISOs/CSOs in is the ISO folder on the root of your card.

Nel

Can any body help me ? how do you play the iso games after you download them to the iso folder? thanks for the help!!!!

Nel

oh and i heard that when psp brick and they are running OE you can unbrick them just wondering so incase it ever happens to me some one please reply thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Cheezeball99

First off, don't double-post, use the edit button on the bottom-right of your message.

Second, I'm sorry, but if you've downloaded the games from the intarweb then we can't help you here, we don't support piracy.

But for your 2nd question, yes, you can use the recovery option in the recovery menu, but you have to put the recovery folder on your memstick... Just search, that post is 'round here somewhere.

Wally_Peanuts

roe ur boat, u said the other day, someone you knew had a fake mem stick and some isos wouldnt work but they would work on a genuine stick. which isos did they have probs with? im curious because i have a fake mem stick, i knew it was fake when i bought it off ebay, i figured, 4 gb for 30 dollars, why not. i havent had a problem with ANY isos so far. another question, kinda the same subject. as of right now, with 3.40 oe, will the psp recognize a pro duo bigger than 4GB, say an 8 gb? ive been a game ripping fool, i love the fact that i wont have to carry around all those darn umd's but i only have 4GB of space and i need about 8gb more. thanks for all the help, this is maybe the best psp board ive found. and to the person who put the file in the wrong folder while downgrading, you said u bricked a psp before, why the heck wouldnt you be more careful the second time around? read every word of the tutorial, read it twice, and then read it over and over again as your downgrading.

Cheezeball99

roe ur boat, u said the other day, someone you knew had a fake mem stick and some isos wouldnt work but they would work on a genuine stick. which isos did they have probs with? im curious because i have a fake mem stick, i knew it was fake when i bought it off ebay, i figured, 4 gb for 30 dollars, why not. i havent had a problem with ANY isos so far. another question, kinda the same subject. as of right now, with 3.40 oe, will the psp recognize a pro duo bigger than 4GB, say an 8 gb? ive been a game ripping fool, i love the fact that i wont have to carry around all those darn umd's but i only have 4GB of space and i need about 8gb more. thanks for all the help, this is maybe the best psp board ive found. and to the person who put the file in the wrong folder while downgrading, you said u bricked a psp before, why the heck wouldnt you be more careful the second time around? read every word of the tutorial, read it twice, and then read it over and over again as your downgrading.

This IS the best PSP board, EVER.:biggrin:
I think you got lucky and actually got a good memstick, man! Kudos to your luck! But I have no idea about the PSP detecting better than 4GB.

Wally_Peanuts

i knew i shouldnt have said anything about having no probs with isos. now im having probs with ratchet and clank. anyone have a recomendation of an awsome game that will keep me entertained at work? ive been playin the hell outta virtua tennis 3, and i have alot of games, but nothing keeps me entertained. i need a good platformer. sorry for getting us off topic so much, but this is the only thread ive ever read here, maybe ill look around a lil

Pantysniffer

Shouldn't you, you know, be working whilst you're at work? Heh, just kidding (I hope you're not a nuclear safety technician or anything...).
Anyways, I recommend Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon. It basically takes care of all of your wondering-what-it'd-be-like-to-be-a-vegetable-growing-robotic-boy-with-an-oversized-head needs, and let's face it, if you've never wondered that, then that's straight up communism. Are you a red? Never mind...Sure, it [IL:AFHM] only got around 5.3/10 on gamespot.com, and to people've who've never played, or've never understood the charm of any of the HM games, it may seem, uh, not so great, but if you're a fan, then I think you'll find it's one of the best in the series.
If you're into platformers, then I'd suggest using a SNES emulator and playing 2D platformers on that. Afterall, about every other game released on that awesome little system was a platformer, due to the fact that technology was sort of limited then, and also that nobody could get enough of gaudily-dressed, mushroom-eating Italian plumbers leaping around on monsters heads and whatnot.
Oh, Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure is fun too. It sort of reminds me of the N64-era and afterwards (i.e. 3D) Legend of Zelda games in that it's a cute action-RPG, except with different characters obviously.
Which leads me onto raising the question: do you reckon the good people behind Daedalus will ever get Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask running well on the PSP? Ocarina is probably one of the best games ever made - just think how awesome it'd be on the PSP (yeah, I know it runs already, but not well, that is to say the framrate is low enough to give you motion sickness)...

dutch45

random

just abit random i bought a 4gb memory stick but it wont let me format it it says format failed 8001b006? please help is it broke do i need to play hell with some one lol thanks!

dutch45

?

y would it not work on my psp? my other one did or does it just depend on the stick?
im trying it now tarr dont go away! lol

dutch45

!

no still wont work! i have read some where that there are fakes? what does that have to do with it? do they just not work!