• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tiff Exploit - HEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfect-skillz

So, with psp3k running HEN it should run any kernel?

NO, theoretically only 3.xx + kernels, but my guess is it'll only run 4.xx + kernels ;) but they will possibly be ported off of the 2000 series(which would be the easiest to make it an all in on package to run on the 2000-2000v3 and the 3000 and for 1000 it can be pandorized anyway ;)

Perfect-skillz

Ahhh Ok. So, with that said, unless they can port them, its just 3.xx kernels.

in theory 3.xx 4.xx and 5.xx kernels

but my guess is the main support is coming from the 4.xx and 5.xx kernel because it is the native kernel for the exploit and the PSP 3000 and PSP 2000 TA-088v3. but lets all be patient :tup: ;)

Cloudy

I don't see why people think kernels should be restricted. 3.xx, 4.xx, 5.xx and even 2.xx kernel should work as well when it is released.

Only a select few shouldn't work, and I'm sure Davee will work on it aswell to improve compatibility.

So PLEASE only talk if you know for sure :)

Perfect-skillz

I don't see why people think kernels should be restricted. 3.xx, 4.xx, 5.xx and even 2.xx kernel should work as well when it is released.

Only a select few shouldn't work, and I'm sure Davee will work on it aswell to improve compatibility.

So PLEASE only talk if you know for sure :)

not saying they should be restricted or that i want them to be restricted, i'd like to have the 1.5 and 5.xx kernel. but seeing how most of the kernels are not native to the 3000 or the 2000v3 1.5 kernel, 2.xx kernel, and 3.xx kernel for example, remember back in the day when dax had trouble with the 1.50 kernel running on the 2000 once it was hacked. but the native 2.xx and above had little to no problems loading on it. i'm going on my research and my previous PSP experience(which maybe useless now) ;)

Cloudy

not saying they should be restricted or that i want them to be restricted, i'd like to have the 1.5 and 5.xx kernel. but seeing how most of the kernels are not native to the 3000 or the 2000v3 1.5 kernel, 2.xx kernel, and 3.xx kernel for example, remember back in the day when dax had trouble with the 1.50 kernel running on the 2000 once it was hacked. but the native 2.xx and above had little to no problems loading on it. i'm going on my research and my previous PSP experience(which maybe useless now) ;)

Well, the actual kernel that runs on the PSP hardware has no relation to the homebrew that can run :) To load 2.xx 3.xx 4.xx homebrew, you don't actually need to load the kernel to run the homebrew, as it is usually forward compatible.

Perfect-skillz

Well, the actual kernel that runs on the PSP hardware has no relation to the homebrew that can run :) To load 2.xx 3.xx 4.xx homebrew, you don't actually need to load the kernel to run the homebrew, as it is usually forward compatible.

I get what you are saying now ;) well we'll have to see what this hen will run i know someone's going to figure something out to load the full M33.

LBFANSTi

now PSN is asking the user to upgrade to the last OFW :(

Always asks when a new version is out.. my problem is i cant run the Stardust Portable until i do a login in the PSN..

For obvious reasons, i wont upgrade do 5.50.. so thats my question objective, is the Version Spoofer will work in the hen, and for that matter, can send the information to the PSN that i supposedly have the 5.50 in my psp..

Xander

Davee will more than likely add a way to spoof the version so that PSN and RemotePlay will work. It isn't hard to add.

LBFANSTi said:
Always asks when a new version is out.. my problem is i cant run the Stardust Portable until i do a login in the PSN..

For obvious reasons, i wont upgrade do 5.50.. so thats my question objective, is the Version Spoofer will work in the hen, and for that matter, can send the information to the PSN that i supposedly have the 5.50 in my psp..

The HEN is not a custom firmware. It cannot load plugins like the version spoofer.

Always keep in mind that the HEN is an Official Firmware that is modified to run homebrew, that's all.

LBFANSTi

The HEN is not a custom firmware. It cannot load plugins like the version spoofer.

Always keep in mind that the HEN is an Official Firmware that is modified to run homebrew, that's all.

Yes, i know that is not a CFW, but in the video that was posted here i see the mac adress spoofed, so i guess that theres a way to do that in the FW version.. right? If the version spoofer is a plugin, the mac adress must be too..

Wolfking77

Will HEN be able to run N64? I couldn't find any posts discussing this

i was woundering that as well, but i didnt really find any answers as to if it will be able to run Daedalus or not. So my guess is that it should be able to (hopefully) since Daedalus isnt a 1.5 kernal (Daedalus is N64 emulator thank you frozenipaq for telling me the spelling :p) so i hope it will work

FrozenIpaq Ninja Edit: It's Daedalus if you are wondering on the spelling ;)

Seth

MD Party Room

jeerum

PeeruEnn

CFT is too modifed OFW :) But Hen dont write it over in flash!
After hardcore shutdown will hen lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.