• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tiff Exploit - HEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

HEN-A

Contributer
Davee would never include an iso loader.(unless it has a restriction such as needing the original UMD in the drive)
he is firmly against piracy, and would never directly support it in his HEN.

Well if this was the case I would find it pretty pointless,considering you must have the UMD in the drive:sleep:.Although it would be god for those whos UMD is not working properly but other than that I see no good purpose for it.

Somebody Correct me if I am wrong please.

Xander

Davee would never include an iso loader.(unless it has a restriction such as needing the original UMD in the drive)
he is firmly against piracy, and would never directly support it in his HEN.

"Between his updates and others' contributions..."
I know that Davee has no plans to add an ISO loader. I'm talking about projects by other people that would contribute to the ability of 3000's to get the features of CFW. Davee will be the only person working on the 5.03 HEN and its updates directly, but other people will have to add in CFW features that he won't.

HEN-A

Contributer
Hopefully adding those paticular features will not take to long.

thedicemaster

Well if this was the case I would find it pretty pointless,considering you must have the UMD in the drive:sleep:.Although it would be god for those whos UMD is not working properly but other than that I see no good purpose for it.

Somebody Correct me if I am wrong please.

point of such an iso loader would be:
increased reliability(games that get minor read errors once in a while will often trigger the "do you want to quit?" message)
more reliable booting(some games don't load properly from UMD, such as PSN multipack UMD's)
increased battery life(no constant disc spinning/laser)
and increased loading speeds.

HEN-A

Contributer
point of such an iso loader would be:
increased reliability(games that get minor read errors once in a while will often trigger the "do you want to quit?" message)
more reliable booting(some games don't load properly from UMD, such as PSN multipack UMD's)
increased battery life(no constant disc spinning/laser)
and increased loading speeds.

Rofl sorry if I made my post sound negative towards ISO Loaders.I love ISO Loaders :D.I just dont understand why you would want to carry all those UMD just so you could run ISO Loader.

Based on what you said if Davee allowed the ISO function only if UMD is present.

mikeevd

I don't even want an ISO loader for PSP games. considering Sony is clearly moving to digital distribution for their handheld, that whole UMD problem will be solved.

I just want to use ISOs to play my PS1 games on the go, that would be the bomb. But until someone does that I'm very happy with regular homebrew.

HEN-A

Contributer
Well Im going to download some more apps then im going to bed :).

Perhaps tommorow will be the big day :D,good luck Davee.

Kuraudo

Between his updates and others' contributions (such as an ISO loader, hopefully), 3000 users should be able to get a similar experience to CFW.

As far as I'm aware, he has no plans of opening up the HEN source code, so I don't know that there will be many "others' contributions."

On another note, is there any SDK specifically for the M33 CFWs? I'd like to see what features the M33 modules directly provide support for.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
As far as I'm aware, he has no plans of opening up the HEN source code, so I don't know that there will be many "others' contributions."

On another note, is there any SDK specifically for the M33 CFWs? I'd like to see what features the M33 modules directly provide support for.

Yes, download the 4.01 m33 from whatever site and it's in the SDK folder.

irekski

just irekski
the best spoiler ever :D... it just excite people more to release the HEN :O

but hope they are patient / relax them enough now that their PSP3ks can run homebrews its a matter of time now :D no turning back i guess...

"hi aslo to sony"

HEN-A

Contributer
Patience is a virtue indeed ;).

We will just have to wait until tommorow for the HEN or an Update :).

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
idk if this would be the wrong place for this question, but here goes nuthn!

Ok, so, i put the emulators/hb games on my psp and are waiting, i clicked on them just to wonder what would happen. And the "Data is corrupted" thing came up, so. I figure when i put the HEN on there, they should just boot up. But, let me know if they really are corrupt or not.

HEN-A

Contributer
In reply to your question ;).

Dont worry they are not corrupted :) its just that you are trying to run them on OFW and they are not registering as official files signed by Sony so they will appear corrupted when they are not.Once you run Davees HEN they will work since it allows the files to bypass detection of the signature.

If you can see the png icon of the application you are fine :).But if not you probably installed it wrong or placed them in the wrong folder.Homebrew Applications must be plaved in PSP>GAME(create this folder if nessecary).

Once more someone correct me if I am wrong ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.