• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tiff Exploit - HEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcstalljr

teen! hide your daughters
The PS3 is very different from the PSP, sorry.

They probably have already addressed the exploit in TIFF images in the PS3, plus there is differences in the hardware capabilities and software itself.

Why would you wanna homebrew on the PS3? I'd rather play Super Mario World on the go, I already have a SNES for it at home. ;)

if i had a PS3. i would want to run homebrew because of the "Just because i can" factor :p

on topic: i could have sworn i saw a post stating that the HEN would be released at noon GMT? (2 hours ago)

agaroud9

The PS3 is very different from the PSP, sorry.

They probably have already addressed the exploit in TIFF images in the PS3, plus there is differences in the hardware capabilities and software itself.

Why would you wanna homebrew on the PS3? I'd rather play Super Mario World on the go, I already have a SNES for it at home. ;)

tnx,no I dont want homebrew on ps3,I was just asking because im bored

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
Ummm... not to be rude or anything but could pcstalljr and agaroud9 go to IRC and chat about this cuz this is the psp hen discussion not the PS3 hacking discussion... not trying to be rude or anything

Shadow-wolf

Ummm... not to be rude or anything but could pcstalljr and agaroud9 go to IRC and chat about this cuz this is the psp hen discussion not the PS3 hacking discussion... not trying to be rude or anything

It was discussion whether it would be workable. It still talks of Hen, not how the PS3 can be hacked. ;)

urgfman

Batman
sorry, i don't speak english very well and it's difficult for me to say exactly what i want, and also understand correctly what you say.
i just mean that sony is not the first which suffer from pyracy and i think that a console which can be a little hacked is much more buy than one which is unhackable. it's a part of the "buzz" around the psp.

a lot of people who have buy psp3000 thought than they could hack it and use piracy.

game's developper are the one who really suffer from that.

very sorry for my very poor english!!

Shadow-wolf

Concerning HEN, will there be stability issues like there was in the "Hello World" exploit?

I managed to run it twice out of 15 tries on my PSP firmware 5.01.

agaroud9

ummmm...I also don't want to be rude but I hate the IRC chat because everyone is just talking by each other,I'd prefer to ask my question on this Tiff Exploit forum,after all my question had to do something with the Tiff Exploit because I asked if this exploit will work on the ps3 and not anything about if its hackable or not

pcstalljr

sorry, i don't speak english very well and it's difficult for me to say exactly what i want, and also understand correctly what you say.
i just mean that sony is not the first which suffer from pyracy and i think that a console which can be a little hacked is much more buy than one which is unhackable. it's a part of the "buzz" around the psp.

a lot of people who have buy psp3000 thought than they could hack it and use piracy.

game's developper are the one who really suffer from that.

very sorry for my very poor english!!

1st off. your english is just fine.

anyway. not everyone knows that the psp can be hacked. only about 30% or less. even know it CAN be hacked let alone HOW to hack it. but it wouldnt realy help, simply because theres alot of people that i know that wouoldnt buy it. simply because it CAN be hacked. some people think of it being able to be hacked as a bad thing.

-----added-----
i would be on the IRC. but it keeps Z:lining me >.< because it says my name looks like a bot. ive tryed about 15 names now...and only "pcstalljr" and"pat" seem to work. and even then i get Z:Lined about 2 out of 3 trys.

urgfman

Batman
it's true.

i think that we have the two parts of the question. our two point of view are correct.
i just think that sony's guys are wise;)

i have the same error with IRC..

edit : sony politic is very interesting but also HS ...

oneshibbyguy

aKa LunchBox
1st off. your english is just fine.

anyway. not everyone knows that the psp can be hacked. only about 30% or less. even know it CAN be hacked let alone HOW to hack it. but it wouldnt realy help, simply because theres alot of people that i know that wouoldnt buy it. simply because it CAN be hacked. some people think of it being able to be hacked as a bad thing.

So why exactly would they think it is a bad thing if it doesnt effect them?

Jolan

Devil Trigger'd
Because people would stop buying the PSP if no good games came out?

pcstalljr

So why exactly would they think it is a bad thing if it doesnt effect them?

the most probable reason there not doing it. is one of two that i can think of. 1. legal reasons. 2. responsibility. but probably both. because Sony has a great rep! so i wouldn't want to ruin it with alot of people for looking like they support piracy. then with *some* hackers that would be using it for piracy anyway.

Because people would stop buying the PSP if no good games came out?

just because Sony would do that. doesnt mean there wouldnt be any more good games.

(and about the IRC. yeah. it can get anoying..becuase i have an unstable DSL connection. and keep getting dissconected haha. if i could connect forever..i would never leave :p)

Shadow-wolf

About the whole piracy thing: No programmer wants it. None.

Those programmers have gone through many courses of mathematics and computer programming, and spent money for tuition as well and worked hard to be hired.

Now if people can easily download these games, why bother buying them from the store? These programmers will get paid less for something they enjoy and worked hard to achieve.

Sorry if my post was confusing.

mikeevd

I have a semi-noob question. I understand not including anything to do with ISOs to avoid pirating psp games and whatnot.

But would I be right to assume that sometime in the future (near or far), psp 3000 owners will be able to play their ps1 games on their psp? I'm already very excited to run some homebrew but thats the thing I want the absolute most...I've been getting conflicting opinions on the question but nothing definitive.

pcstalljr

About the whole piracy thing: No programmer wants it. None.

Those programmers have gone through many courses of mathematics and computer programming, and spent money for tuition as well and worked hard to be hired.

Now if people can easily download these games, why bother buying them from the store? These programmers will get paid less for something they enjoy and worked hard to achieve.

Sorry if my post was confusing.
true. and thats why im against piracy.

I have a semi-noob question. I understand not including anything to do with ISOs to avoid pirating psp games and whatnot.

But would I be right to assume that sometime in the future (near or far), psp 3000 owners will be able to play their ps1 games on their psp? I'm already very excited to run some homebrew but thats the thing I want the absolute most...I've been getting conflicting opinions on the question but nothing definitive.

it would be safe to think so soon. but we cant say for sure. it would be nice to play all my spyro games i already bought haha. but hey. all we can do is either wait or make it :p

pcstalljr

Would there be anyway on HEN to play ps1/2 games?

1. theres no way to play PS2 games on the PSP. its not powerful enough
2. that answer for the PS1 games was just answered in my post....above yours. please read before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.