• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

My memory stick won't run popsloader/cwcheat?

Ahren

I've been having difficulties getting cwcheat and popsloader to run on my 3.40OE-A, right? Well, I go through the FAQ and come across this section:

Q: whathever i try to load cwcheat it's menu doesn't come up. what's wrong?

A: it seems that if you have a slow memory stick the plugin support can't load your prxs
and cwcheat is more affected because it's a 100KB prx (so quite heavy).
ATM lexar and datel memory stick/devices seems to be affected by this definitely
and can't be used to load any prx. in any case a workaround to this can be flashing
cwcheat to flash in the kn folder and modify the pspbtcnf_pops.txt file to load
/kd/cwcheat.prx after $/kd/mediasync.prx
(kd here and kn above are right please don't change them or it won't work)

I have a Lexar 2GB. Is this issue an older one or does it still exist to this day? I know I have poploader and cwcheat properly set up, yet I still cannot get either to load. It says you can flash cwcheat, but can I also flash popsloader/will cwcheat without popsloader? If the latter, I can always convert my FF7 Save game with cwcheat and revert back to a custom 3.11 firmware (if there is one.) I'm doing this because when I play FF7 I get that glitch/freeze whenever a sleep, silence, death sentence, etc...icon appears.

Much thanks for any help ahead of time.

knicky91

Updater/Moderator
Are you sure that your New Lexar MSPD isn't a counterfit product?

Becuase if it is, that could be the problem.

Have you tried to run it using a different memory stick (eg. friend) and test if it works.
If it does, you may need to get a new memory stick or to avoid using the cwcheat program.

Cheers.

Ahren

I'm 100% sure it's not counterfeit, unless Wal-Mart sells those kinds of products (Well...)

Also, I have no friend from which to borrow another MS. I'm stuck in a rather...backwater part of the nation where people don't do anything but drink. Maybe in the fall when I get to college, but like hell I'm dropping money if I'm not sure.

Thanks anyway, man.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah, unfortunately this is still a problem with Lexar memory sticks. Even legit ones have this problem.

Also no you can't flash popsloader. I'd recommend getting a SanDisk memory stick... generally they are more reliable and cheaper than the Sony branded ones.

Or you could downgrade to a previous custom firmware revision and just load CWCheat from the flash.

All of D_A's firmwares are available here:

http://dark-alex.org/index.php?Dark_Alex=firm

Ahren

I was planning on downgrading and just doing it anyway if there was no other fix. I guess I gotta' flash CWCheat right now, save my savegame as an .mcr, then switch to 3.10OE, which I assume won't need popsloader for me to run the 3.11 for my FF7?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I was planning on downgrading and just doing it anyway if there was no other fix. I guess I gotta' flash CWCheat right now, save my savegame as an .mcr, then switch to 3.10OE, which I assume won't need popsloader for me to run the 3.11 for my FF7?

Right, well 3.10 OE will run the 3.10 pops, not 3.11. But really there is no difference between the two... FF7 will work fine.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
You mean the Midwest. :biggrin:

Hey, I can tell you, well, at least in MY part of the Midwest, a bigger problem than drinking is Meth. It's a sad, extreme epidemic. I know I just went offtopic and kind've serious, but I just wanted to let people know that aren't familiar with places around here- Not many people realize the problems. Also, Sandisk memsticks do rock, I bought a 4GB, my first memstick, and it was totally worth the 80 bucks I paid for it from Newegg.com.