• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

about making themes...

MenaceInc

Staff Member
ok,just started out on this so trying to work out what i have to do....

so far i think that topmenu_plugin.rco is the icons....i make this by compiling it in some program with the icons being a bunch of 64 by 64 bitmaps limited to 256 colours.....am i right?

the wallpaper is 480 by 272 but i don't see why couldnt use the built in wallpaper thingy in the psp... :\ if i flash the wallpaper when making the theme,is it a pernament kinda thing thats there when i dont apply one in the psp?

banner

system_plugin.rco - Click sounds when you scroll
photo_plugin.rco - photo loading icon & folders
game_plugin.rco - game loading icons & currupted icon
savedata_plugin.rco - Savedata loading icon
system_plugin_fg.rco - Battery icon
impose_plugin.rco - Volume Bar
opening_plugin.rco - start up sounds/word/bootwave (when you turn your PSP on)
system_plugin_bg.rco - Backgroung Waves
topmenu_plugin.rco - Menu Icons (photo, Music, Game, Video, Setup, Network)
gameboot.pmf - short video clip when you start a game & hombrew app
1-12.bmp - Month theme colors
ltn0.pgf - This is the font that displays only on the XMB and Web browser (not in a UMD)

these are the rest, but theres a lot more

and you shouldnt flash as i use this method instead
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=2226

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
The size of the rcos vary quite a bit and the colour are limited to 256 which can make things look choppy.

Darkchild

The Doctor
Btw, the 01-12.bmp file is simple
it's kind of Literally joining the data of various files into just one for example
we have:
01.bmp
02.bmp
03.bmp
04.bmp
05.bmp
06.bmp
07.bmp
08.bmp
09.bmp
10.bmp
11.bmp
12.bmp

Each with a different background, if in everyfile they had this string of text:" RAWR" the 01-12.bmp file would have : "RAWRRAWRRAWRRAWRRAWRRAWRRAWRRAWRRAWRRAWRRAWRRAWR"
get it?

hope that helps :S

if you need a program to make the file, i have a freeware one in my comp =)

(REMEMBER!!! THE BACKGROUNDS HAVE TO BE IN 24BIT BITMAPS!)

P.S: When the image is smaller than the resollution of the PSP, it "Streches it" making it look blurry (Like textures in Direct3D)

OMG EDIT : We should make a tutorial outta this xD

Acerthief

Btw, the 01-12.bmp file is simple
it's kind of Literally joining the data of various files into just one for example
we have:
01.bmp
02.bmp
03.bmp
04.bmp
05.bmp
06.bmp
07.bmp
08.bmp
09.bmp
10.bmp
11.bmp
12.bmp

Each with a different background, if in everyfile they had this string of text:" RAWR" the 01-12.bmp file would have : "RAWRRAWRRAWRRAWRRAWRRAWRRAWRRAWRRAWRRAWRRAWRRAWR"
get it?

hope that helps :S

if you need a program to make the file, i have a freeware one in my comp =)

(REMEMBER!!! THE BACKGROUNDS HAVE TO BE IN 24BIT BITMAPS!)

P.S: When the image is smaller than the resollution of the PSP, it "Streches it" making it look blurry (Like textures in Direct3D)

OMG EDIT : We should make a tutorial outta this xD

good idea. i'll find time to do it.

ALTERNITIVE EDIT: if you just want one picture behind the waves, just rename the picture to 01-12.bmp and overwrite the one in Flash0. Ta-da.

Acerthief

Yeah but that will be just one big pic, :( (and chances are, it won't fit in the Flash0)

save it in jpg, and rename it into .bmp. it works:laugh:
EDIT: like i said, if you only want one picture for the whole~ year, like me lol :briggin:

Krelian

Color changing the easy way:

I like the default "waves" background but always wanted black, with a little work you can very easily get what you want.
Here's what I do:
Take 01 through 12 BMPs from firmware 2.71 and open them individually in Photoshop or something similar to change the hue/saturation until you get your desired color.
Save it as a 24-bit BMP.
Then you just merge all twelve BMPs together and name it 01-12.bmp (I stole a BAT file from MaxConsole to do that for me).

(A copy of my workspace is included)