• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Devhook 0.52 Install Guide with 3.11

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
thanks for the guide but im having some trouble. i followed the guide completely and it was all going so well but every time every time i try to start the devhook when it says 'reboot system' the screen goes black and then turns off after about 3 seconds and doesnt restart itself until i turn it on myself.
can anybody help me?

Run PSARDumper on your PSP, once its loaded up press X to dump a sigchecked 3.11. Once its done your PSP will return to the main menu.

When you did this did you press X? It's really important to press X here, otherwise the dump won't work with DevHook.

nameless

i tryed it but this time the screen just stayed black i dont know what the problem is x3shpere have you heard of anything like this before?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i tryed it but this time the screen just stayed black i dont know what the problem is x3shpere have you heard of anything like this before?

Black when you started PSARDumper? Nope I haven't heard of that. Maybe you need to delete the F0 folder it created the last time.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hey X3, will this work with 3.50+ fw's? XD if now, any newer version of devhook?

BOOSTER will need to update it for 3.51. This here is still the latest version. He may update it eventually. But still no games have even required 3.5X yet.

nevster

confused

hi im running 3.10 oe-a and would like the new devhook

question is, i cant see the directory ms0:/ comes up h:/ on mine when i connect via usb, where should i be putting the devhook 0.52 package please?

h:/ shows psp, dh (previous version) im taking it it goes there?

sorry for the stupid question, im new to this

nevster

had it all working.... but...
got into devhook, choose the firmware, i then came out the menu and thought i would goto system settings to check i was on 3.11, but as i went into system settings it said there was an error, probably coz devhook was still running, then the blue screen saying restore to defaults came up and now im running 3.11 still, everythings in the right folders but i cant see it on the psp, i put the psp dv and fbm folders back and i can now see devhook, no games yet though, im just about to put the games back into the iso folder hopefully i'll be able to see them now. just wondering if i need to do the dumping thing again, im guessing not as im still running 3.11?

right, i cant see my iso's and its saying devhook cant be started data is corrupted... any ideads?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
had it all working.... but...
got into devhook, choose the firmware, i then came out the menu and thought i would goto system settings to check i was on 3.11, but as i went into system settings it said there was an error, probably coz devhook was still running, then the blue screen saying restore to defaults came up and now im running 3.11 still, everythings in the right folders but i cant see it on the psp, i put the psp dv and fbm folders back and i can now see devhook, no games yet though, im just about to put the games back into the iso folder hopefully i'll be able to see them now. just wondering if i need to do the dumping thing again, im guessing not as im still running 3.11?

right, i cant see my iso's and its saying devhook cant be started data is corrupted... any ideads?

what I'd do is delete all devhook files, and then go through the steps again. Sounds like something got corrupted.

DevHook is kinda buggy in regards to the menus and stuff. But, for just loading games, it works fine.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Ya i need help, i cant seem to find the root of the psp

It differs for each person. The root is just your memory stick drive (H: F: etc)

nevster

just tried that but it wouldn't run any of the iso's i was running only hours b4 on the other devhook... i went through the process about 3 times but couldn't get my head round it, i managed to be able to see the games but it wouldnt start them.... i've now just put my original devhook onto the psp and it still wont run my games nor devhook

nevster

once ive gone into devhook and choose firmware 3.11 should i be able to come out of it and see the change in my system settings? coz when ever it asked to exit devhook and i choose yes it reboots back to devhook unless i completly shut down the psp and start fresh... i never see the system firmware change though, and with my old devhook i never actually started it yet i could still run my games, can i not do that with 0.52?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
once ive gone into devhook and choose firmware 3.11 should i be able to come out of it and see the change in my system settings? coz when ever it asked to exit devhook and i choose yes it reboots back to devhook unless i completly shut down the psp and start fresh... i never see the system firmware change though, and with my old devhook i never actually started it yet i could still run my games, can i not do that with 0.52?

Well, I can tell you, going to System Settings on DevHook 0.52 also crashes my PSP. But loading games through it works just fine.

nevster

right ive choosen 3.11, nothing seems to have changed though... in the bottom right of the 0.52 menu it says fw ver. 1.05.0001 should it be saying that?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
right ive choosen 3.11, nothing seems to have changed though... in the bottom right of the 0.52 menu it says fw ver. 1.05.0001 should it be saying that?

That's normal, that's just the firmware you are currently running.

Anyways - if you selected 3.11 - it will run 3.11.

nevster

ok so i pressed o to cmfirm 3.11 umd select is set to umd disk, if i go into file emulation it shows my games, should i go to that or just start devhook?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ok so i pressed o to cmfirm 3.11 umd select is set to umd disk, if i go into file emulation it shows my games, should i go to that or just start devhook?

Well - press HOME after launching DevHook. It will bring up a settings menu where you can toggle the UMD image.

nevster

ok did that, cant see my games in either mode, in emulation mode i can see one of my games in the bottom left of the screen but there seems to be no way of running it... thanks for taking time to help i really appreiciate it