• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.51 Downgrade? any idea when?

TimTiger

Way to addicted to games.
does anyone know if this is in progress?

I knew this would happen soon enough, I have no clue and neither does anyone. Sony's patched all the known exploits known to date so you have to play the waiting game untill there is an exploit discovered.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
does anyone know if this is in progress?

No one is working on a 3.51 downgrader right now, and probably won't for some time.

Dragar

You shouldn't of updated it to 3.51 in the first place. Leave you psp at the lowest possible firmware version that you can so that way your open to as many possibilities of exploits that you can use.
(sorry if i sounded mean)

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...

Acerthief

:confused1:? Why is that bad?

he left some "tools marks" on my psp and when he took it apart to change my analog stick (gone crazy playin NBA 07) i saw my motherboard was scratched up, especially places near the mother board. (he took more than just the front cover off, saying that "he's just checking stuff") so i know he's inexperienced with hardware. who knows what happened to my BIOS and mobo?:sad:

HyBRiD

he left some "tools marks" on my psp and when he took it apart to change my analog stick (gone crazy playin NBA 07) i saw my motherboard was scratched up, especially places near the mother board. (he took more than just the front cover off, saying that "he's just checking stuff") so i know he's inexperienced with hardware. who knows what happened to my BIOS and mobo?:sad:

OMG that's a load of crap... sell off your psp and get a new one!!!

jreagles

PSP Update ver 2.81

Alrite, on my PSP Firmware Version 3.51 something came up when I tried my own way to downgrade using several different methods.

While I was messing around with my PSP, I got something under the game section that says, "PSP Update ver 2.81"

The only problem happens when I click it. I get this message, "The system software of your PSP system is version 3.51. There is no need to update."

Now, I am a noob at this PSP stuff, that's why I am at Firmware Version 3.51. But if this information could be important to the discovery of a new exploit to downgrade, then ask me for some information and I'll tell you exactly what I did.

If people have got this on their PSP before then just let me know so I can stop feeling like im getting somewhere with it. :smile:

Thanks a lot!
jreagles
(jreagles@gmail.com)

EDIT: You know what, I actually found out that a game put this "PSP Update ver 2.81" onto the game section on the XMB! Is this something worth knowing? Exploit maybe? Someone please reply A.S.A.P!

Cheezeball99

Dude, that's just an update on the UMD. Relax, you've found absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.

Cheezeball99

Ha ha. Wow I feel stupid. :p

It's alright, man, it happens to everyone at one point or another, just some people more than others.:pj/k