• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

LePage: No Wii Conviction, PS3 Is Underpowered

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Finbaloid

Artist and Musician
Wtf.
Agreed GPUX Thats Bulls**t.
PS3 And 360 Are Virtually The Same Spec.
I Mean WTF.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Wtf.
Agreed GPUX Thats Bulls**t.
PS3 And 360 Are Virtually The Same Spec.
I Mean WTF.

Yeah I know. Hopefully this guy clears up what he said here. It's really making Ubisoft look like some incompetent devs.

I mean, Splinter Cell Conviction's AI can't be that much better than what we saw in MGS4.

GPUX

Yeah I know. Hopefully this guy clears up what he said here. It's really making Ubisoft look like some incompetent devs.

I mean, Splinter Cell Conviction's AI can't be that much better than what we saw in MGS4.

i think the real reason that ubisoft isn't making this game for the PS3 is that they don't know how to utilize the cell processor's power for the game's AI , so they're just putting the blame on the PS3's hardware to use as a public excuse.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
i think the real reason that ubisoft isn't making this game for the PS3 is that they don't know how to utilize the cell processor's power for the game's AI , so they're just putting the blame on the PS3's hardware to use as a public excuse.

I'm usually against the PS3 (don't really have a good reason) but I totally agree- they just must not have the knowledge/capability to program for the Cell processor, that must be the problem.

J

Junit

Personally I don't think the PS3 can handle it , the 360 is stronger but fails more xD

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I'm usually against the PS3 (don't really have a good reason) but I totally agree- they just must not have the knowledge/capability to program for the Cell processor, that must be the problem.

sounds like the same thing that happened with the sega saturn

bwalker

The problem lies in the cell design. The spe's dont have branch prediction which ai code heavily realies on. Only the main processor has it and to have the main processor dedicate power to ai woudl not be soo good. HOwever this doesnt mean that it cant do ai well it just means like we all guessed ai code for the 360 doesn not work well on the ps3.

It is absurd for them to say that when the ps3 has oblivion, which to my knowledge has some damn good ai lol. I mean thats just a cop out for them either not wanting to spend the money and time to recode the ai for the cell or they dont really know how to yet.
I hate them.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
sounds like the same thing that happened with the sega saturn

/32x/Sega CD/Dreamcast? :p I'm not poking fun at Sega, they just had bad luck.

I mean thats just a cop out for them either not wanting to spend the money and time to recode the ai for the cell or they dont really know how to yet.
I hate them.

B-I-N-G-O.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
/32x/Sega CD/Dreamcast? :p I'm not poking fun at Sega, they just had bad luck.

nah,the 32x and sega cd were very bad decisions based on an attempt to boost the ailing megadrive/genesis sales in about 1994 which were abandoned when developers heard of the saturn and the playstation but in comparasion to the playstation,the saturn was rediculously hard to program for.

the dreamcast compared to the saturn, they did everything right...it was just bad luck with the mega-hype of the playstation 2 that ruined it.pity that it did. :(