• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.52 M33 Install Guide

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
x3sphere you are a genius Did what you says ie skipped step 1 and the rest went like a dream thought i had bricked it, None of the buttons worked then realised that the lock was on lol. Just one question do i need to downgrade back to 1.5 or will i be able to play homebrews just like i use to, ie the two emulator files to the psp/game cheers once again

You can still play homebrews. Just put them in X:/PSP/GAME150

supaquickt

Just a quick kudos to everyone here, the help here is second to none. Especially x3 your a legend. Anyhow..

Ok I think the time has come to update.

I'm on 3.40oe-a running IR Shell 3.61. Do I simply follow the guide or should I probably format my memory stick and edit the flash0 removing the irspatch.prx patch and edited text pspbtcnf_game.txt file?

Is that necessary or can I just format & disable the plugin in recovery (I don't really care about having IR Shell on this firmware as I don't really use it but it can stay in my flash0 if that's not a problem).

PS: All this to install the Applecor XMB theme, aint it nice!

Rugster

I guess you are suppose to create a new folder GAME150 if you are running 3.40oe-a.
That is what i did. :smile:

Thanks. I tried changing GAME to GAME150. Games wouldn't start.

Are you saying there should be both GAME and GAME150?

Sorry! :blushing:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Just a quick kudos to everyone here, the help here is second to none. Especially x3 your a legend. Anyhow..

Ok I think the time has come to update.

I'm on 3.40oe-a running IR Shell 3.61. Do I simply follow the guide or should I probably format my memory stick and edit the flash0 removing the irspatch.prx patch and edited text pspbtcnf_game.txt file?

Is that necessary or can I just format & disable the plugin in recovery (I don't really care about having IR Shell on this firmware as I don't really use it but it can stay in my flash0 if that's not a problem).

PS: All this to install the Applecor XMB theme, aint it nice!

You can just disable the plugin before installing. Also, installing 3.52 M33 will clear the iR Shell patch and restore your pspbtcnf_game.txt to default.

Thanks. I tried changing GAME to GAME150. Games wouldn't start.

Are you saying there should be both GAME and GAME150?

Sorry! :blushing:

Yes... create a GAME150 folder alongside GAME.

sum41

Thanks x3sphere for your guide worked perfectly.I now want to format my memory card and would like to know if I just format it or do I have to copy and paste back any files after format.I have a 4gb memory card and would also like to know if a psp format is better than a FAT16 format through the computer.

Roe

What you backup depends on what you want to keep on your mem stick, like savegames and other stuff that you want. If you format through your PSP you get all the correct folders you need

sum41

Thanks roe-ur-boat wasn't sure if I'd have to put the 1.50 etc folders back on after format.

barnsey1980

Can someone tell me how to get some of my games that worked with previous fw to work with this fw as ive installed the file on the psp and opened the memory stick through the psp and theres nothing there even though ive used x amount of memory??

Roe

It isnt very clear how you just explained your problem but do you mean that even after putting it in the GAME150 folder on your mem stick it still wont show up in the XMB? If so what firmware are you running?

azza

corrupt dat

Here is a step by step guide for installing 3.52 M33. Please note that you must be running 1.50, or any of the OE series firmware to begin this installation.

First grab the 3.52 M33 files and extract them.

1. If you are running firmware 1.5, first go inside the "1.50only" folder and copy both kxploitpatcher and kxploitpatcher% to X:/PSP/GAME and then execute the program through the game menu on the PSP.

2. Copy the M33CREATOR folder to X:/PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to X:/PSP/GAME150 if you are running OE.

3. Now download the 1.50 and 3.52 updates which you can grab below:
1.50 Update
3.52 Update

4. Place the two updates you downloaded in the M33CREATOR folder.

5. Navigate to the game menu on your PSP, and execute "3.52 M33 CREATOR."

6. Once finished, navigate to the game menu again and execute "3.52 M33UPDATE."

7. When finished, follow the on-screen prompt to reboot. That's it! You've now upgraded to 3.52 M33 :)

Hi
when i try to play gamez i downloaded to iso it never works it just comes up as corrupted data.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Hi
when i try to play gamez i downloaded to iso it never works it just comes up as corrupted data.

We don't support piracy here, if you want them to work guaranteed then dump them from your UMDs, and make sure you put them in the ISO folder on the root of your memstick.

barnsey1980

hello roe-ur-boat yeah ive got 3.52 m33 running at the moment and im putting the files in the iso file that is on the root of memory stick alot of games are running its a few that refuse to show up i tried creating a file in the psp/game then moving the files to there but it kept coming up corrupt data

Acerthief

iso files can only be in the in the ms0:/ISO folder. a few ISO's refuse to show up maybe because it's simply corrupted. ms0:/PSP/GAME is for things in EBOOT.PBP format.

Also if you're using a 8GB memory stick, it can only read up to 4GB, the rest 4GB might be full of your games, but the PSP can't read it. it's something that the authors are trying to fix as well.

barnsey1980

Yeah but like i wrote in earlier in the thread that most of my iso's worked with previous dev hooks and now they wont show up at all. Yes there are some bad rips out there ive had some. Has anyone else had the same problem and if so is there anyway to fix it.