• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

What's with the gray bar?

rabbit

Awesome
You know, the one up top on the main page. What the crap? The old system was better...you know, with the buttons right above the news. This new thingy is annoying :\

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Well, personally, I like the nav at the top and I think it gives more room to add things.

Though if no one seriously likes it then I could always change it back. Anyone else have opinions on this?

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
I have to be completely honest, I don't know what you guys are talking about.:p

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Cheezeball99

The nav on the main page was moved up, above the banner.

OH, oh, okay, end my stupidity.:p I dunno, I usually click 'Forum' on the right anyway... The only thing I don't like about the gray bar is that it looks like an advertisement or something; It kinda reminds me of how GameFAQs looks now. Other than that I honestly couldn't care less, it doesn't affect me.

rabbit

Awesome
On a widescreen (read: my computer) display the news filters [DS, PSP, 360, etc] are way off to the right of the news. Also, I don't know what script from adbureau you're using, but blocking them makes the quote blocks big blue rectangles.

Cheezeball99

On a widescreen (read: my computer) display the news filters [DS, PSP, 360, etc] are way off to the right of the news. Also, I don't know what script from adbureau you're using, but blocking them makes the quote blocks big blue rectangles.

Yeah, I'm running widescreen on my laptop, and it's not too bad.:p The quotes, I think that's on purpose, I happen to think it's cool.:smile:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Hmm... would it be better if the categories were centered at the top?

Also the quotes, nah that is normal. Since we switched to a different CMS it inserts <p> tags before every line and it was messing up the old quotes, so it's changed for now.

Cheezeball99: Yeah I like it too.

Acerthief

dude we're not. it's jsut everyone's opinion, so if everybody's thoughts aren't like yours, just keep things natural. besides we get the problem your having, and our admins try to do changes to make it better. so don't care about other peoples opinion. they have the rights to say that and YOU have your rights to say you don't like it. We're doing our best to make things better.
Agree?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
dude we're not. it's jsut everyone's opinion, so if everybody's thoughts aren't like yours, just keep things natural. besides we get the problem your having, and our admins try to do changes to make it better. so don't care about other peoples opinion. they have the rights to say that and YOU have your rights to say you don't like it. We're doing our best to make things better.
Agree?

it's fine, he's a friend of mine.

rabbit

Awesome
Agree?

How do you not get that
Are you all conspiring against me or something? SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh
was a joke?

Also, sh.

Cheezeball99

Yeah, Acer kills people for a living, so just ignore all bad comments he makes, he was probably killing someone amidst posting on here with his super-cool Jack Bauer-style pocket pc/iPhone/GPS/PSP/DS/etc.

J

Junit

Yeah acer is a trained assasin , He heard someone saying psp's suck at school and the kid went missing xD , I'm just kidding acer is usually a nice guy :)