• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

help - is there an alternative for devhook 46 ult. installer

lexus64

Sorry for the dumb question but have been running on 1.5 for a couple of years using devhook 0.46 ult. installer with no problems...until I started trying some newer umd rips and they wont work....and I cant find an updated installer...what is the best way forward? if its 3.53 m33 - are there any real risks of bricking the psp???
thanks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Sorry for the dumb question but have been running on 1.5 for a couple of years using devhook 0.46 ult. installer with no problems...until I started trying some newer umd rips and they wont work....and I cant find an updated installer...what is the best way forward? if its 3.53 m33 - are there any real risks of bricking the psp???
thanks

The latest DevHook only supports up to firmware 3.11, so newer games probably won't work on it.

I'd recommend upgrading to 3.52 M33. There is always a risk of bricking the PSP when flashing but as long as you follow the install instructions everything should go fine.

Here's a link to the 3.52 M33 install guide: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=2732

lexus64

thanks x3sphere...once i have done it, is there anywhere where I can find out how to run iso's which are on a memory stick- (previously emulated thru devhook needing a umd) or is this file structure (and process) the same for 3.52 m33

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
thanks x3sphere...once i have done it, is there anywhere where I can find out how to run iso's which are on a memory stick- (previously emulated thru devhook needing a umd) or is this file structure (and process) the same for 3.52 m33

ISO files still go in the same folder on the memory stick (ms0:/ISO), the only difference is that you launch them through the Game menu on your PSP.

Also, after upgrading to 3.52 M33, I'd recommend going into the Recovery Menu (hold R while booting up the PSP) then enter the Configuration menu and toggle UMD Mode to Sony NP 9660. This gives you full compatibility with all games even without a UMD inserted...

lexus64

thanks

x3sphere,
thanks Buddy...all went well...nervous process being my 1st upgrade but all good now:biggrin: