• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Same community, so many changes

Alright, so, I guess this is mainly for the guys that have merged over from MFM, but our community has gone through several domain changes. From psphacker.com back in 2005 (back when I was an innocent 7th grade 12 year old), now to the merger with exophase (Now an official adult going on to college). I know that the QJ forums are still up and running, but it seems a lot of the more notable people I remember from those days moved over to these boards. So, I guess what I'm trying to ask, is when did you join our community.

Btw, I fell off the psp wagon a while back when I sold it to get myself a ps3. But whatever happened to that fanjita guy? I remember him being like the God of all psp development.

--EDIT--
Too be more specific, I've been following this community since May 2005, but officially joined, originally as pspburner, in July 2005

Seth

MD Party Room
Psphacker member as well :)

january39

eXo Staff
I came to eXophase from Afterdawn of all places, cruised QJ did not like it and ended up here, and been here ever since.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Joined QJ in 2006 I believe, then went to Mfm when it first launched, now here at exophase.

Bran

Yell
I joined PSPhacker in 2005 when I was 18. Left QJ after MDPR exploded. Dissociated for a year or so. Then hung around TCCC and eventually made my way to M4M at the behest of Mancisco.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Why isn't there a "other" option? D:

Anyways I joined MfM when 5.03 HEN came out, after a few years on that failed dcemu.co.uk community.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I mean, I thought that pretty much covered all the options, you would fall under MFM

I was just kidding anyways xD Yeah I'm proud to fall under MfM tbh

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I was a regular at LAN.ST's IRC channel back in 2005 - back when it was known as SonyXTeam during the downgrader days. Chatted quite frequently with Mathieulh who later made me an IRCop there. I was never really active on QJ - but I 've known some of the vets like Serideth through IRC channels for over 3 years now. Amazing how fast time flies.

Spiros

Maiki
I used to visit pspupdates.com a few times a day for PSP news for a long time(now more into Kotaku), then joined when it was QJ just to release something, but wasn't crazy about the forums so never really went back.

I lurked on MfM for a long time before finally joining in March, and had a great time there. I'm sure this merger will only make the community stronger.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I remember that the psp frontpage of QJ was my homepage for quite some time.

Serideth

Heh I have typed up similar posts like this in the past but here goes.

Around the end of 2005 I was working in a furniture store where I was given the boring task of submitting people financial information to the higher ups to see if they were safe to sell to with a long term payback plan. Anyway at the time I was saving up for a PSP so I'd spend most of my time browsing sites looking for PSP information and how the scene was going, although back then I was such a noob to it all and had never experienced being a part of a proper online community.

I found a site called PSP3D and went home to sign up on it only to find that I couldn't remember the name, ended up finding QJ and thinking that was the site. Wrote a few guides and was made moderator within 2 weeks of signing up (this is one of my fondest memories because I didn't think it was possible to become staff on such a big site). From then on I faded out of the scene in regards to writing guides and beta testing the eloader.

I continued to stay with the community and turned my eye to organizing community activities, some of you oldies may remember the Socom PSP clan myself and football ran, I also ran the QJ IRC channel which later became #leak which is on of my greatest online achievements as it's given me endless hours of pleasure despite it's many deaths.. I made the migration to MFM with the other active staff and enjoyed the ride there. I then left the community (unannounced) for a while due to drug addiction taking over my life which I managed to kick, I then returned to MFM in time to see it's final months before the EXO merge.

And that brings us here, I had been registered on exo for a while since I used to be an IRCop on Malloc for a short period of time and the staff forum was located on this site.

It's been a fun run and I'm sure there's plenty more to enjoy.

Sorry for giving my life story there haha.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Psphacker member as well :)

Same here!!

Man it's been so long. It feels like yesterday almost. I was a Freshman In high school at the time.

And I was so narrow minded back then. God I have no idea how much going to that site and becoming a member changed my life.

I don't know where i'd be today if it wasn't for Qj/Psphacking/Pspupdates

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Same here!!

Man it's been so long. It feels like yesterday almost. I was a Freshman In high school at the time.

And I was so narrow minded back then. God I have no idea how much going to that site and becoming a member changed my life.

I don't know where i'd be today if it wasn't for Qj/Psphacking/Pspupdates

It's crazy when you think about it. Especially when I think of how I've been conversing (more often than not, arguing) with some of you guys for half a decade. All because I joined a forum I never wanted to be a part of in the first place.

Hellcat

Contributor
Joined in at all, day #1 of PSP fun, where the PSP side of the interwebs started for me....

pspupdates (before it became QJ), it was. Figure under what nick/username xD