• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Same community, so many changes

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I lurked PSPhacker since the Japanese launch of the PSP, but didn't join until the release of kxploit/swaploit
I feel sorry for you kids with your custom firmwares who never got to experience the thrill of quickly swapping memory sticks from your PSP just so you can play some laggy Super Mario.

ilyace

I remember finding out about the web browser in Wipeout Pure, I thought it was the coolest thing ever xD

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
I remember when I joined the QJ forums back in jan 2006. Like a fever dream. Feels like forever, yet only 4 damn years. And I spendt some pathetic amount of time on QJ its sickening to think about now. God damn. And I remember some really childish and pathetic things that meant EVERYTHING during that time. And it feels horrible, but I was truly addicted to posting and caring about total nonsense crap. Even if I like you all good old QJ people alot I tend to mostly have bad memories from QJ. Not specificly from discussions with you, rather my unhealthy forum addiction that was slowing down my real life.

Man, I wish sometimes I where born in a time without internet. Sometimes...

Don't forget all that crazy photoshop stuff you used to do all the time hahah

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I first joined dcemu when I first got my PSP 1k in 2006 I believe... But I never really got into it because people were unhelpful and there wasn't much discussion.

Then I dropped on PSP3D and QJ. I f* hated QJ because it was full of rude people who treated newbies like total idiots. PSP3D wasn't bad but when CRAVE Online got their paws on it, it just died.

So then I decided to stay away from the scene until Davee's HEN came out and then ultimately joined MfM which has led up to this point :p

Serideth

I first joined dcemu when I first got my PSP 1k in 2006 I believe... But I never really got into it because people were unhelpful and there wasn't much discussion.

Then I dropped on PSP3D and QJ. I f* hated QJ because it was full of rude people who treated newbies like total idiots. PSP3D wasn't bad but when CRAVE Online got their paws on it, it just died.
So then I decided to stay away from the scene until Davee's HEN came out and then ultimately joined MfM which has led up to this point :p
Haha wow what was your name on PSP3D? I was a mod there for a while.

Cloudy

Well, it's quite hard for me to pinpoint exactly where I started.

I remember getting a PSP, and was interested in hacking it. Not for piracy, I never have been that interested in that. I was on an IRC server, and someone I knew there had a PSP and advised me to go to www.psp-hacks.com. While there, I went on the live chat - just reading at first. Then I started to help people.

While googling other PSP stuff, I came across QJ and DCEmu. I never really got involved on QJ, but I started to get involved with DCEmu. However, I started to get really pissed off when copy pasta articles were chosen over actually written articles, due to them being first. After that, my interest sort of died after that happened to me. I of course found Exo eventually, and registered an account - although what for, I can't remember (maybe because I was IRC staff?). However, I wasn't active (at all - before the merger I probably had 20 posts).

During my IRC server experience, initially on psp-hacks I was eventually IRCOP on dashhacks when it joined malloc, then eventually just malloc when the dashhacks relationship dissolved. Near the beginning of MFM, I was bugged to sign up, which I did. And I enjoyed the community, and got involved more during the HEN rush.

I now post from time to time, but have been very distracted in real life (marriage, baby incoming etc :p). However, I still lurk behind the scenes and speak to people from time to time.

Sorry for the long winded explanation, just couldn't think how to explain it!

Cloudy

About 27/28 weeks. She's due 9th November. So not long to go! Of course, being me it's not quite as simple as that (She's a US Citizen, I'm British, I have 7 weeks to get her over here before she can't fly anymore due to the 35 week cut off point of most airlines... and only two pay cheques to do it in), but only time will tell whether it all works out.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

january39

eXo Staff
If you start looking for flights now, you have a good chance of getting something cheap. One thing is for sure, sooner you book the cheaper it's going to be. Fingers are crossed :)

Cloudy

If you start looking for flights now, you have a good chance of getting something cheap. One thing is for sure, sooner you book the cheaper it's going to be. Fingers are crossed :)

Flights not the issue really. Flight should only be about $350 (was last time) which is not that much at all. I've got to do three things. 1. Pay off her federal loan (long story) for about $1100. 2. She applies for a Visa for about $1000. 3. As my Dad won't let her stay in my house, I've also got to get my own place. I have the money for the first 2 and the flight, but I can't get my own place before I've paid for 1 and 2, otherwise I couldn't afford 1 and 2.

I'm pretty much hoping for a miracle at this point. I'm hoping she can save most of her pay cheque as she's just started a Job. But at the moment, as she has nowhere to live in the US it isn't looking likely.

Anyway, sorry to derail the thread :p Please, continue with the original topic. If anyone wants to know more about it, feel free to PM me.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Haha wow what was your name on PSP3D? I was a mod there for a while.

Most likely Kyubi_Naruto or something along those lines xD

Deathrow

Hi, I've actually only been around since 2009. However, I still like to enjoy this communities gaming news and am a member on lan.st and QJ. Good luck on the merger :)