• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.52 M33 Install Guide

Acerthief

HERE is the guide to revert back to 1.5 :D

sensemille

heya

hi, i used this guide to update and it works great.. the problems i have now is that my games dont work.. dunno why.. first of all i didint know where to put the games so i created a folder called ISO in the root and now they apear on the psp but when i open them i get an error telling me the game could not be started....

was it wrong to create the folder ISO and place the games there ? do i need some other software to play the games? any ideea would be much apreciated

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hi, i used this guide to update and it works great.. the problems i have now is that my games dont work.. dunno why.. first of all i didint know where to put the games so i created a folder called ISO in the root and now they apear on the psp but when i open them i get an error telling me the game could not be started....

was it wrong to create the folder ISO and place the games there ? do i need some other software to play the games? any ideea would be much apreciated

Install 3.52 M33 Update #4, available here -

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3185

Once installed, press HOME at the PSP main menu screen and toggle UMD ISO mode to "Sony NP9660", now try and start a game.

Pippilotta

Procedure for new PSP?

Hey all,

Sorry to be a helpless noob.... but if I go buy a new PSP fat (1001) then what do I need to get to 3.52? I assume I need to somehow downgrade first. Do I need anything hardware-wise aside from a new psp and a memstick?

Thanks much for your help!

arvee2

i have another question some games on my 3.10 are not working like the game could not be started will upgrading to a new cfw fix this prob? :D

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hey all,

Sorry to be a helpless noob.... but if I go buy a new PSP fat (1001) then what do I need to get to 3.52? I assume I need to somehow downgrade first. Do I need anything hardware-wise aside from a new psp and a memstick?

Thanks much for your help!

First you'll need to downgrade to firmware 1.5 to install 3.52 M33.

The downgrading method depends on the firmware that is installed on the PSP. Most PSPs, now come with 3.50 pre-installed, which requires a copy of the game Lumines to downgrade.

i have another question some games on my 3.10 are not working like the game could not be started will upgrading to a new cfw fix this prob? :D

It should. Check my post here after installing 3.52 M33 -

http://forums.exophase.com/showpost.php?p=19488&postcount=165

Darkwoods

wow thank you this is great

but the thing i cant even start the game (prince of persia) :(

i get this error

''The game could not be started. (80020321)'

ow sorry i still have to put in UMD disk sorry about that thank you

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
No need to be sorry, man, but watch your posts. Use the 'Edit' button on the bottom-right. *Merge'd*

jay_dee82

doubt about the update....

hi!
i have a phat psp with 3.40 oe-a firmware and i've been out of the scene for a while... my doubt is if i don't need the "Lumines" or the "Pandora" process anymore. :confused1: can i proceed with 3.52 m33, 3.52 m33-4 and then 3.71 m33 updates?

thanks for any help

supaquickt

If you have OE you can go straight onto 3.52 m33 following this guide. Then I'd recommend going to 3.52 m33-4. As DA is currently patching 3.71 M33 to work with the 1.5 Kernel.

twanbiz

question

So I am going to get the 3.52 m33 release, my question is does the update 4 have everything that the previous updates have in them, or do i have to get the other updates as well. i read somewhere that update 3 has everything from the previous updates, but does update 4 have everything from 3 and previous?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So I am going to get the 3.52 m33 release, my question is does the update 4 have everything that the previous updates have in them, or do i have to get the other updates as well. i read somewhere that update 3 has everything from the previous updates, but does update 4 have everything from 3 and previous?

Yes, update 4 has everything that the previous updates had.

felyme

Hi there!

I'm fairly new at this too... so here goes:
I followed the installation instructions and things went very smoothly until I had to run the 3.52 M33 Update. (Step 6) When I run it, the program goes to a black screen and loads the PSAR to RAM. Then it says "checking PSAR integrity.... incorrect psar" and sends me back to the main menu. Any ideas why this happened? How do I fix it? I downloaded all the files through the links provided by the tutorial here.

I have a 1.50 PSP...

Thanks!

felyme

Thank you for your response. Actually, in doing some more searching, I found out I had a fake mem stick. :mad:

dirksfantasy

I need help with upgrade to M33 3.52 please.

My PSP is on 3.40 OE-A. I put M33Creator and 352 and 150 in the Game150 folder. When I start M33Creator the screen turns black and my PSP goes off.

My PSP is not bricked and can start again, but I am not able to continue with upgrade.

Anyone has a clue?

BTW: What is the difference between a bricked and semi bricked PSP?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I need help with upgrade to M33 3.52 please.

My PSP is on 3.40 OE-A. I put M33Creator and 352 and 150 in the Game150 folder. When I start M33Creator the screen turns black and my PSP goes off.

My PSP is not bricked and can start again, but I am not able to continue with upgrade.

Anyone has a clue?

BTW: What is the difference between a bricked and semi bricked PSP?

Semi-bricked: You can still access recovery but not the XMB.

Bricked: PSP turns on but nothing works.

As for your problem, try formatting your memory stick (it will clear all data off so backup any important files) and then re-copy files and try running M33Creator again.

PhreakAccident

Just got 3.71m33-2 installed. I'm getting ready to go on a trip and I have a few UMD DVD's that I put as ISO in the /ISO/VIDEO location. VSH options UMD ISO Mode as Sony NP9660 and ISO VIDEO MOUNT is set to my ISO file name.

I move the selector to music then back to VIDEO and the UMD VIDEO icon fails to appear. I was able to watch them under 3.52M33-4 but I have not tried it under the initial 3.71 release.

Any idea what's going on?
PA

Edit: My memory (brain) was broke. I forgot that we're required to have SOME kind of UMD disc within the drive to watch ISO versions of UMD movies. DOH!