• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Firmware 3.71 Decrypted, New PSARDumper Released

pspuser

Hi, I live outside the United States and my Dad is going to order me a psp slim from the U.S.A. I am getting it because my old psp (fat) does not work any more? It will not turn on??? (just a black screen no light, did not do anything to make it get bricked and I got a new battery but nothing happens).
When I get my new psp I would like to upgrade it to the M33 custom firmware, because it is really hard to buy games here, so it would be nice to be able to download hombrew. My question is this, does the sistem (mentioned above) work. I cannot use my old psp for the process because it does not work and I do not know anybody that has a psp here that can run hombrew. Has anybody tried it? I just don't want my psp to get bricked.

Acerthief

Hi, I live outside the United States and my Dad is going to order me a psp slim from the U.S.A. I am getting it because my old psp (fat) does not work any more? It will not turn on??? (just a black screen no light, did not do anything to make it get bricked and I got a new battery but nothing happens).
When I get my new psp I would like to upgrade it to the M33 custom firmware, because it is really hard to buy games here, so it would be nice to be able to download hombrew. My question is this, does the sistem (mentioned above) work. I cannot use my old psp for the process because it does not work and I do not know anybody that has a psp here that can run hombrew. Has anybody tried it? I just don't want my psp to get bricked.

your kind of posting in the wrong thread. but anyways.
(this thread is a program for developers or people who need to dycrypt things)

You're old PSP won't work because it's "bricked". But you can recover it now.

depends if your psp is Slim or Phat, and it works perfectly. (my phat is 3.71M33 and i flashed 3 of my friends slim)

But you'll need a Pandora Battery. Check it out HERE.
Hopefully the batteries from your old PSP will work, you'll just need to find some one to convert the battery and memory stick for you.
You can find people with custom firmware around you, or you can ask for help by people in noobz.eu.

If you have any other problems, please post in the "PSP Help Center".

SonicTH

Of course you could look earlier in this thread and see my post on the TOOL battery. It could end up costing the same no matter what you do to hack your system.

SonicTH

Hey guys. I finally, FINALLY got my hands on the files necessary to put 3.60 M33 files onto a slim PSP without needing a custom Firmware PSP (the download was being EXTREMELY stubborn and I finally got it working for the first time today). If anyone wants the files; just give me a place to upload them to and I'll do it.

With this; I think I can create a comprehensive guide on how to make a PSP (slim or otherwise) homebrew-enabled without needing any custom Firmware PSP. Would anyone like me to write one up?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Hey guys. I finally, FINALLY got my hands on the files necessary to put 3.60 M33 files onto a slim PSP without needing a custom Firmware PSP (the download was being EXTREMELY stubborn and I finally got it working for the first time today). If anyone wants the files; just give me a place to upload them to and I'll do it.

With this; I think I can create a comprehensive guide on how to make a PSP (slim or otherwise) homebrew-enabled without needing any custom Firmware PSP. Would anyone like me to write one up?

sounds good to me :)

SonicTH

Fair enough. Could you suggest some server space where my files won't get deleted? I'll try to upload everything that's required so you won't need to go searching for it.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Fair enough. Could you suggest some server space where my files won't get deleted? I'll try to upload everything that's required so you won't need to go searching for it.

as far as i know,x3 has like 118gig on the exophase server spare so you could ask him about it :)

Roe

Just wondering whether these files would be the copyrighted Sony files?

SonicTH

The Pandora's Box GUI I'm not sure what's in there. I've just been told it uses copyrighted Sony files.

The 3.60 M33 package definitely does. Not entirely sure what it encompasses; I just know it does.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
But isn't this an ends-justify-the-means matter?

But legality-trumps-illegality, anytime. IF, in fact, anything of this is illegal. I suppose nobody's really sure.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
well if the files are illegal, which I'll assume they are, since some of the files that are created when making the magic memory stick should not be distributed, then we can't post up a guide for this.

Developers go through a lot of trouble to make this stuff legal. For example with OE / M33, none of the original Sony files are modified even when the firmware is installed. The custom firmware just modifies values in RAM.

Private messages aren't monitored so needless to say if you want to help someone through PM that's fine. I won't know about it.

zdagher

SonicTH,

Just to make sure I understand...you've found a way to downgrade a fat PSP running 3.71 WITHOUT requiring the use of a custom (or 1.0/1.5) firmware PSP to make a Pandora battery? if this is the case, please, PLEASE share this information.