• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Question about folders with "%" in their names...

BorgmanJayce

I was wondering if it's safe to remove the folders that have "%" in them alongside their non "%" counterparts now that some homebrew don't need them when running on 3.71...

Acerthief

well there are two kinds of eboot you're talking about.

the one with % is a 1.5eboot(also known as kxploit). the reads the folder with the % on it, then it redirects to the other folder where all the files are put in. but the PSP can't read one of the folders, so on the XMB there'll be a "corrupted data" shown. so don't worry.

the other kind is a 1.0eboot. it's simply just one folder, and of course all the files in there.

There is really no difference between these two as custom firmware can read both of these kinds of eboot formats.

Hope this helps. :D

BorgmanJayce

So it's definitely safe to delete all the folders now that I have with the "%" signs now that I'm running 3.71 M33? [Sorry to ask this but I'd rather be safe than sorry at the end of the day...]

MenaceInc

Staff Member
So it's definitely safe to delete all the folders now that I have with the "%" signs now that I'm running 3.71 M33? [Sorry to ask this but I'd rather be safe than sorry at the end of the day...]

no,i would say it's not just to be safe but then again i could be wrong.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

No, you'll need to convert the EBOOT to 1.0 format. Try using Sei PSP Tool.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...

TimTiger

Way to addicted to games.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
The download doesnt work. hmmm...

You're RIGHT! Maybe he's implementing the download section, aforementioned in the Feedback forum.