• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Slim (2000-IS) Problem with L Button

GEoMaNTiK

Hey Guys,

I'm really hoping this won't turn out to be a big problem.

I've just received my new Slim from a guy off ebay, I thought everything was working perfectly until I realised now that the L Button (Top Left Trigger) is not functioning. Everything else is perfect!

So I did a google search and noted a problem in the past on the phat's in Japan that the faulty psp's could be returned to service for repair.
Is this the same issue and what are my options, is there a way I can fix it myself as I live in Australia and have no warranty for this unit that was sent from Hong Kong.

What should I do?

Cheers in advance.

Acerthief

ask the seller from ebay to change it. you have the rights. or else you'd have to spend a few bucks and give it to retails in Australia.

tell the seller change one that would work. but STILL i recommend units from Japan, they ARE made through better produce lines.

Ebay states clearly, so don't forget your rights!

**Moved to PSP Help Center:)**

GEoMaNTiK

ask the seller from ebay to change it. you have the rights. or else you'd have to spend a few bucks and give it to retails in Australia.

tell the seller change one that would work. but STILL i recommend units from Japan, they ARE made through better produce lines.

Ebay states clearly, so don't forget your rights!

**Moved to PSP Help Center:)**

Thanks Acerthief, yep I've got a 7 day replacement option via him and I decided to send a message regarding the situation after I posted here. I haven't heard back yet, though it's just a hassle having to return it back o/s and then waiting again for the replacement/new one to arrive.

Thought it might be easier to take it a part and fix it, though if that doesn't rectify the issue, I'll be left out in the cold and no option for replacement.

GEoMaNTiK

Yea that would be last resort after a replacement or even just sending it to sony or repair shop for a couple of bucks.

Yeah I hear ya, I'm trying to get a replacement sorted but this guy is not responding to my emails about it. Don't you just love ebay!!!

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Yeah I hear ya, I'm trying to get a replacement sorted but this guy is not responding to my emails about it. Don't you just love ebay!!!

Which is precisely why I bought mine at the local Target. If I have a problem before the warranty is up, I can go down in person and stand on the manager's desk. :biggrin:

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
Lol send me a picture or post a video of you doing that please chilly and yea some people try to scam you that way if he never contacts you back give him bad reviews and repot him.

GEoMaNTiK

Lol send me a picture or post a video of you doing that please chilly and yea some people try to scam you that way if he never contacts you back give him bad reviews and repot him.

I've purchased lots of items from ebay and only a couple from O/S that were over $200, you think I would have been a bit smarter - though my bad, I left him Positive Feedback on receiving the PSP as it all appeared to be working fine.

So my last resort is now to lodge a Paypal dispute and force him to replace or refund the unit, that's why I only buy from O/S customers that have a paypal account with protection.
After 2x emails requesting help and no joy, it's time for the next step...