• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

So I am getting a PSP the weekend

shadowforte

What all do I need to go to get up and running with Homebrew? BTW, I am picking up a used phat model, so I don't know the firmware yet if that matters. Thanks.

Doubleagent74

The firmware definitely matters. I think your best bet is to get one that has official firmware 1.5. That way, you can install your custom FW without having to downgrade or anything like that. If you haven't already picked a seller, you might try looking on eBay.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
The firmware definitely matters. I think your best bet is to get one that has official firmware 1.5. That way, you can install your custom FW without having to downgrade or anything like that. If you haven't already picked a seller, you might try looking on eBay.

the likelihood of it having 1.5 is incredibly small. best bet is hope for pre-3.50 and get lumines...even if you don't need it to downgrade,then you've got a decent game at least :p

J

Junit

Yeah , I'd buy from ebay , you can get japanese PSP colors with like 4gb/2gb sticks with firmware 1.5 for a decent price

shadowforte

Everyone chill lol, too much at one time. Alright, so what is the highist firmware I can have? Like, how high is to high? And I am not buying on ebay because I hate eaby. I am getting one at my local game store.

J

Junit

well , your local game store will let you boot it up if its used no doubt , My local eb let my friend try 3 used ones befoe he found the right firmware

Richlando

Anything 350 or before..and pick up Lumines. If you can, try to get a TA 079-081 Motherboard model.

And funny thing is that at Gamestop I got my Phat used and checked it out to make sure it was a TA-079 and had a memstick with me and asked to "try" out GTA to see if it would work..downgrade later and I was at 150...uh. no thanks for the copy of GTA..I don't think I'll be buying it..(I did later though)

frosty5689

Stupidity to the MAX
Some stores that sells used psp might have a pandora battery+"magic" stick for buyers to use. Some even have preinstalled cfw/1.5 psps on the shelf:p

Roe

TBH, you could get any firmware on it and downgrade it with pandora. If you don't know anyone close to you with a cfw PSP you can send it to someone who has.