• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

urgent help in dark alex CFW

nickyyon

hey guys im a psp noob here so bear with me !
i bought a psp at version 1.5 last year and i used DEVhook to play games and could start the original UMD . right now. i juz installed dark alex CFW 3.40 OE-A and it worked. i can now play PS1 games and downloaded games at the same time. However, some CSOs would not worked and i could not play my original UMD anymore. I gave my UMD and downloaded PSP games to my friend to try and see whether it was spoilt but he was able to run it perfectly fine. his psp was like mine. upgraded to 3.40 OE-A. now, what could be the problem that didnt allow me to play certain CSOs and my original UMD?

plz help if possible. thnxx

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
hey guys im a psp noob here so bear with me !
i bought a psp at version 1.5 last year and i used DEVhook to play games and could start the original UMD . right now. i juz installed dark alex CFW 3.40 OE-A and it worked. i can now play PS1 games and downloaded games at the same time.I gave my UMD and downloaded PSP games to my friend to try and see whether it was spoilt but he was able to run it perfectly fine. his psp was like mine.
This clearly piracy:mad1:
Anyway, you probably have the IDStorage srewed up.

Acerthief

hmm...I don't know if I should help but.....try using Chilly Willy's KeyCleaner v1.4 (click me)
Make a backupup of your keys first!

Yup, use KC first, then I'd say upgrade to either 3.52M33 or 3.71M33 first, because they are more stable and have more up-to-date feature and bug fixes.

All the guides more these to firmware are HERE, so take a look. :D

EDIT: formatting flash1 would actually fix your problem, but formatting manually only bricks your PSP, and 3.52M33 and 3.71M33 has a feature to help your format your flash1. but in the progress of upgrading to these firmware also formats your flash1, so possibly your problem will be fixed. :D

nickyyon

Yup, use KC first, then I'd say upgrade to either 3.52M33 or 3.71M33 first, because they are more stable and have more up-to-date feature and bug fixes.

All the guides more these to firmware are HERE, so take a look. :D

EDIT: formatting flash1 would actually fix your problem, but formatting manually only bricks your PSP, and 3.52M33 and 3.71M33 has a feature to help your format your flash1. but in the progress of upgrading to these firmware also formats your flash1, so possibly your problem will be fixed. :D

hmm. so that means if i upgrade from my current version 3.40 OE-A to 3.52M33 or 3.71M33 there is a chance of bricking? to put it simply

Hanzo_f19

thnx but wad do u mean make a back up of my keys? wad keys is it referring to ?thnx

the keys are the files that make every PSP different from the others.If you corrupt your keys you may have secundary issues like the Wlan stops working, the Umd tray doesn't work, you get some errors when lauching anything, etc, but you can fix all this if you have you replace the keys by the backup.

Hanzo_f19

hmm. so that means if i upgrade from my current version 3.40 OE-A to 3.52M33 or 3.71M33 there is a chance of bricking? to put it simply

there is always change of bricking.Actually you have more chance of bricking when upgrading to official firmware.If you do everything correctly, your change of bricking is like 1%.If you format flash1 mannually (deleting all the files using your PC) you may brick, but there is a option on 3.52-3/4 inthe recovery menu that formats flash1 for you, without bricking.

nickyyon

there is always change of bricking.Actually you have more chance of bricking when upgrading to official firmware.If you do everything correctly, your change of bricking is like 1%.If you format flash1 mannually (deleting all the files using your PC) you may brick, but there is a option on 3.52-3/4 inthe recovery menu that formats flash1 for you, without bricking.

so shld i upgrade? :D what are the extra better benefits from this current version than 3.40 OE-A. cos if its not much better(juz a few byg fixes and stuff), better dun take the risk :p

Hanzo_f19

Well, newer games will work, You have 100%no-umd compability, ability to use UMD Video ISOs, way better popsloader compability, some bug fixes, the new VSH menu (allows you to change the drivers, clock speed and you can change what you access via USB (memory stick, UMD Disc, flash0, 1, 2, 3)) you have a option on the recovery menu that allows you to format flash1 and a bunch of other stuff that I don't remember :p

frosty5689

Stupidity to the MAX
Since no one mentioned this yet. If you want to upgrade to 3.71 M33 you must install 3.52 M33-4 FIRST otherwise you'll brick.

nickyyon

Since no one mentioned this yet. If you want to upgrade to 3.71 M33 you must install 3.52 M33-4 FIRST otherwise you'll brick.

woah. thnx for mentioning it buddy. anything else i shld take note of to minimize bricking other than at least 75% batt? lol