• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Clip: Dark_AleX's Time Machine - 1.5 Kernel For Slim

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aWMLb0-5hts&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aWMLb0-5hts&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Shown above is a clip demonstrating Dark_AleX's Time Machine, an ongoing homebrew project to enable 1.5 kernel support on PSP Slim units. Remember that this is still a work in progress.

porchemasi

awsome! why is he tryign to run 1.50 directly on a SLIM? why doesnt he just make a 1.5 kernal add-on like everything else/ how N00BZ did it eLoader 1.0

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
I thought FreePlay already did this, but he didn't realized it.
I'll post the video soon

MenaceInc

Staff Member
very interesting....as DC said,if there was a 1.5 addon for slim,i'd definately get one.as it is,i'll stick with my phat :)

Tenshigami

Think of it this way. If you get a full 1.50 running on a slim, then it'll be easy to make a 1.50 kernel addon. And by making the a full &quot;slim compatible&quot; 1.50, the 1.50 &quot;purists&quot; who don't use custom firmware can upgrade to slim, making all types of homebrew users happy.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Think of it this way. If you get a full 1.50 running on a slim, then it'll be easy to make a 1.50 kernel addon. And by making the a full "slim compatible" 1.50, the 1.50 "purists" who don't use custom firmware can upgrade to slim, making all types of homebrew users happy.

the thing is though that there is homebrew out there that does not run without the 1.5 addon such as R-Gear. admittedly it's mostly old software but its all software that isnt updated anymore as well which is a problem.hence the need for the 1.50 addon anyway.personally i don't see why anyone would use 1.5 firmware even with loader programs and such as custom firmware offers a lot of useful features.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor