• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

gameboot changed on ofw 3.80

Acerthief

Ah.

What you could do is, Toggle flash0 onto your computer, and look for a file called "recovery.prx" (I think it's somewhere in the KD folder, can't remember specifically, look around the entire flash0)

Copy one out, Rename it to Rcry.elf or XXX.elf (the subfile name has to be from prx to elf) and overwrite the Rcry.elf I included. and BAM! You've got 3.90M33 Recovery Menu on your elf menu selection. :D

Acerthief

lol excellent, what can i use that for whilst in the pandora state? just so i know lol

Temporary change the GAME folder kernel, and format flash1, change the CPU speed. Depends on your situation. :D

nevster

oh right i guess the format flash 1 is handy but will i be able to do those things when ive installed the 3.80 m33 5 with pandora? what i mean is can i use the 3.90 m33 recovery menu to fix and change things on 3.80 m33 5 cfw

Acerthief

oh right i guess the format flash 1 is handy but will i be able to do those things when ive installed the 3.80 m33 5 with pandora? what i mean is can i use the 3.90 m33 recovery menu to fix and change things on 3.80 m33 5 cfw

I think you can. Theoretically.
Haven't got to try it myself.

nevster

so i'd flash fw 3.80 and then use keycleaner to see if all the keys are good? or would it be the other way round,use key cleaner, correct any keys that need fixing and then flash the fw

Acerthief

I'll give you an example:
(2.71 downgrade [yeah yeah i know it's old])

2.71 -> 2.71+ HENd -> Backup keys with Keycleaner -> Downgrade to 1.5 -> Flash to OE/M33 -> Flash the keys back

So it's acutally more like this:
OFW -> Backup keys -> Flash to CFW -> Flash Keys back.

You're referring fw 3.80 as Official or Custom firmware?

nevster

Well it check your keys, if you're going onto firmwares later than 3.71M33 and you don't have a pandora, then it would be best for it to check you keys and maybe fix them.

Recommended to have. :D

so deos pandora fix the keys then?

what if i was updating a lower cfw with another cfw say 3.71 to 3.80 would it still be advised to use keycleaner?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
so deos pandora fix the keys then?

what if i was updating a lower cfw with another cfw say 3.71 to 3.80 would it still be advised to use keycleaner?

If your PSP is working fine and you can update to a new M33 version without any problems then I doubt there is any problem with your ID Storage keys. The new M33 updaters (3.71 onward) will spit out an error if it finds a problem with one of your keys. At that point it's recommended to use KeyCleaner.

nevster

excellent, thanks...

so if i put it on my magic memory stick and use the pandora to fix or update someones psp, and it did give an error could i use keycleaner from the jasonuk menu to fix the problem?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
excellent, thanks...

so if i put it on my magic memory stick and use the pandora to fix or update someones psp, and it did give an error could i use keycleaner from the jasonuk menu to fix the problem?

Yeah, that will work fine.