• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

EeveeXIII

yeah i have a regular psp with the 1.5 kernal. okay i'll try using this...do i have to reformat my psp before i begin this?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
yeah i have a regular psp with the 1.5 kernal. okay i'll try using this...do i have to reformat my psp before i begin this?

No, don't. You'll need all the files that are on the stick.

EeveeXIII

woops...must of dozed off there...when i try to start the battery creator, it wont start saying "the game could not be started (80020148)"

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Did you place it in GAME150? Afraid there's not much else you can do if that doesn't work. Hellcat will probably update his battery creator with 3.90 M33 compatibility though.

EeveeXIII

yeah i placed it in that folder, however to no avail. I guess I could wait until its compatible with 3.90 m33. Thanks for the help anyway

nevster

hiya

just tested Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 3.80 M33-5 from 3.90 m33...

all works fine...

might sound silly but do you need to charge the pandora battery at all?

Acerthief

hiya

just tested Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 3.80 M33-5 from 3.90 m33...

all works fine...

might sound silly but do you need to charge the pandora battery at all?

Sure, just charge it like a normal one, but do take the plug off after it's done,

eyeballpauluk

hey all.

I have a PSP phat, running 3.80 m33-5.

I have went through all the steps to create a magic mem stick which seemed to go ok, I then converted the battery to a pandora's battery, but when i boot up I dont get a service menu, it just takes me to the normal xmb..

any ideas?

I have tried with the original sony battery it came with, and another battery (doesnt say the make! 3600mAh) but neither seem to work!

eyeballpauluk

ignore that problem, one of the batteries isnt compatible as once I set it to a pandoras battery, the serial doesnt change, and the original battery seems toowork now for some reason once i took it out and put it back in lol

EeveeXIII

i got the universal unbricker to work on 3.90 m33...apparently my problem was that i didn't remove the battery and reinsert it into the psp...woopsie haha Thanks X3 for all the help

EeveeXIII

A quick finish up question....Do i have to have 2 psp batteries...or can i restore the one i have back to its original state somehow?

dreamer3kx

ok heres my problem.

i have a a psp fat with 3.9m33, created mem stick and pandora using the guide.Everything looks like it went through fine.

Now when I put the pandora battery and stick into my slim psp turn it on and it boots right into xmb.

Do I have to take any other steps because my fat psp has 3.90m33 installed? Im not sure what im doing wrong.

any help will be helpful,thanks.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ok heres my problem.

i have a a psp fat with 3.9m33, created mem stick and pandora using the guide.Everything looks like it went through fine.

Now when I put the pandora battery and stick into my slim psp turn it on and it boots right into xmb.

Do I have to take any other steps because my fat psp has 3.90m33 installed? Im not sure what im doing wrong.

any help will be helpful,thanks.

Are you sure your battery is compatible? If it's booting to the XMB that means the serial on your battery was not changed. Try going through the steps of converting a battery to Pandora again.

dreamer3kx

Are you sure your battery is compatible? If it's booting to the XMB that means the serial on your battery was not changed. Try going through the steps of converting a battery to Pandora again.

yes I have the Sony PSP 1800mAh Battery Pack.

Ok i will try again and report back,thanks for the quick reply.

dreamer3kx

Tried again with no success,turn on slim and it boots to xmb.do you have to change the battery serial? The tutorial doesn't mention anything about changing the serial,it just states how to back it up and recover it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Tried again with no success,turn on slim and it boots to xmb.do you have to change the battery serial? The tutorial doesn't mention anything about changing the serial,it just states how to back it up and recover it.

Well pressing O converts the battery to Pandora, that changes the serial. Does any error message pop up or anything?