• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

Dmarcisz

Hey i am wondering which pandora creator to use..Does this one work better than the one on noobz.com? I am thinking so because u dont need to use command prompt in this one. For me to make my pandora battery/magic memory stick should i use this program instead of the other one?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Starting from the beginning again and finally dumped my 2 PSP's NAND :D (For not knowing about the importance of NAND almost 1 year XD)
The NAND doesn't content the key right? If want backup key, i can only use KC 1.4 or IDSM 1.3 ?

A NAND backup will include idstorage, so as long as you have a NAND backup you're safe from idstorage bricks.

Hey i am wondering which pandora creator to use..Does this one work better than the one on noobz.com? I am thinking so because u dont need to use command prompt in this one. For me to make my pandora battery/magic memory stick should i use this program instead of the other one?

It's the same, but easier... since a lot of people get confused with command prompt.

pspknightx

Thanks! :D
By the way, before I dump my NAND from my PSP1002 (TA82 with IC1003 inside the UMD place), the information identified that I have TA81 when I use the unbricker del v4. Then I use KC1.4 and IDSM 1.3, both identified I have TA82 board. Is it something wrong ?

And about the bad blocks, I have 3 bad blocks in PSP1002 and 1 for PSP2000. Do i need to care about them or just leave it there?

bertotherobo

alright quick question. i used my friends psp to create the magic memory stick and pandora's battery. i then used those to downgrade my psp (2.81) to 3.80 m33-5. then i was going to convert my battery back to normal but in the process i accidently created 2 pandora's batteries. not realizing this, when i booted up my friends psp (3.52 m33) without the memory stick, the screen didn't show up but the green power light was still on. thinking i bricked his psp i decided to restore his psp to 3.80 m33-5. the thing is, i read somewhere along these numerous posts and read that this method doesn't include the 1.5 kernel. so after i restored his psp, i checked to see if the games on his memory stick worked, and they did. however, his psp was 1.5 firmware to begin with (he got it when it came out and never updated).

i'm wondering is it because it was 1.5 to begin with that the games worked?

or do games always work just because it's 3.80 m33-5?

does this method run homebrew like 1.5 fw or do i need the 1.50 kernel addon?

basically did i do this right?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
alright quick question. i used my friends psp to create the magic memory stick and pandora's battery. i then used those to downgrade my psp (2.81) to 3.80 m33-5. then i was going to convert my battery back to normal but in the process i accidently created 2 pandora's batteries. not realizing this, when i booted up my friends psp (3.52 m33) without the memory stick, the screen didn't show up but the green power light was still on. thinking i bricked his psp i decided to restore his psp to 3.80 m33-5. the thing is, i read somewhere along these numerous posts and read that this method doesn't include the 1.5 kernel. so after i restored his psp, i checked to see if the games on his memory stick worked, and they did. however, his psp was 1.5 firmware to begin with (he got it when it came out and never updated).

i'm wondering is it because it was 1.5 to begin with that the games worked?

or do games always work just because it's 3.80 m33-5?

does this method run homebrew like 1.5 fw or do i need the 1.50 kernel addon?

basically did i do this right?

PSP games don't rely on the 1.5 kernel. Certain homebrew applications do and as such they will not work if you do not have the add-on installed. However most homebrew will work just fine under the 3.X kernel.

bertotherobo

does that mean if i just bought a psp at a retail store right now, that i could play downloaded psp games from the mem stick?

does that also mean that homebrew now would work on a retail psp? or is it because it's custom firmware that the homebrew works?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
does that mean if i just bought a psp at a retail store right now, that i could play downloaded psp games from the mem stick?

does that also mean that homebrew now would work on a retail psp? or is it because it's custom firmware that the homebrew works?

Custom firmware allows homebrew to run. A retail PSP with official firmware has checks in place to prevent homebrew from running.

As for your other question... I suggest taking a look at the forum rules :)

sharestuff

No luck on 3.40 OE-A

I followed instruction to the letter however I can't get past step 7 (executing) the utility on my 3.40 OE-A PSP (Fat).

Anyone had any luck with 3.40 OE-A?... or do I have to update it to one of the M33 firmwares first (which I'd prefer not to)?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I followed instruction to the letter however I can't get past step 7 (executing) the utility on my 3.40 OE-A PSP (Fat).

Anyone had any luck with 3.40 OE-A?... or do I have to update it to one of the M33 firmwares first (which I'd prefer not to)?

Are you sure you completed the first step? It's very important in getting this to work.
1. First boot up the PSP into recovery mode (hold R during boot) and make sure the GAME folder homebrew setting is set to 3.X Kernel. Exit recovery mode.
If that doesn't help then I guess the application is not compatible with 3.40 OE-A. So far everyone here has used it on an M33 firmware.

sharestuff

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've definitely done the first step.

Configuration -> Game folder homebrew (currently: 3.40 Kernel)

If 3.40 OE-A is not supported that's a shame because I can't find any comprehensive guides for getting the latest M33 firmware on my PSP Slim. :crying:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've definitely done the first step.

Configuration -> Game folder homebrew (currently: 3.40 Kernel)

If 3.40 OE-A is not supported that's a shame because I can't find any comprehensive guides for getting the latest M33 firmware on my PSP Slim. :crying:

Well, personally, what I'd do first is update to 3.52 M33 by following the guide available here:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=2732

Once you've updated to 3.52 M33 then follow the guide in this thread to convert your battery to Pandora and install the memory stick files for 3.80 M33-5. Then simply use the Pandora battery and magic memory stick to install 3.80 M33-5. From there, you can then install 3.90 M33.

sharestuff

You sir, are a star. Thank you very much for your help. :smile:

Edit: I'm growing old & senile -- it seems I was looking at the files on my other memory stick connected to my memory card reader. D'oh. Anyway, thanks for your help, I can confirm that it worked fine with version 3.40 OE-A.

bertotherobo

after creating the "magic memory stick", can i use it as a regular memory stick (like put homebrew on it and put game saves on it) and continue to use it in the downgrading process? or does it have to be clean with only hellcat's pandora installer 3.xx, 1.50 update, and despertar del cementerio? will having other games such as emulators affect it's ability to downgrade along side a pandora's battery?

AznSaiyan

sinds there is now 3.90 m33 cant you install that immediately? instat of 3.80 m33?

if can how do you put the folders and stuff?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
sinds there is now 3.90 m33 cant you install that immediately? instat of 3.80 m33?

if can how do you put the folders and stuff?

Not yet, DC needs to be updated for 3.90 M33.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
so if i place the thing 380pbp it will turn 3.80m33-5 or?

If you do as the guide says then yeah you will have 3.80 M33-5. You can't just replace the 380.PBP with 390.PBP to install 3.90 M33 though. Other files need to be changed as well, that's why the whole program needs to be updated.