• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

AznSaiyan

Maybe the battery isn't converted.

Also that press square just makes up a fake serial, which still doesn't give protection to the battery. In other words, your battery doesn't have heat control, it might suddenly explode.

Also, you have to take the battery out, let it stay put for a few seconds, stick the memory stick in, THEN put the battery in.

how do i know if i have the right serial or a made up one?

Acerthief

how do i know if i have the right serial or a made up one?

Right: Bunch of character and numbers. You'll see it the first time or when you flash the EEPROM back to the battery.

Made UP: something like 0xFFFFFFFF or 0x00000000 (One of them.)

Acerthief

so where do i see it? when i start pandora and magic stick?
Sorry i didnt understand what you talking about

When you're converting the battery. I think it's on top of the screen in Hellcats Menu.

EDIT: The serial is above the yellow text in the menu. It's in grey.

AznSaiyan

When you're converting the battery. I think it's on top of the screen in Hellcats Menu.

EDIT: The serial is above the yellow text in the menu. It's in grey.

how can i see that again? without changing back to normal battery or without magic stick?

How to get in hellcats menu? My battery is now pandora.

AznSaiyan

Stick your AD adapter in, turn the PSP on, at the xmb, stick your battery in, then run the the menu.

aaah i see so if it is pandora battery its like those letters fffffffff0000 or something like that lol.

but when i turn it to normal battery i get my serial back.

shouldnt pandora have my battery serial why did that change?

also why doesnt my battery do anything i have changed it back to normal but it wont start my psp?
I had charged my battery before i turned to pandora today. now it say its empty how come i didnt use it.
there is something wrong with my battery.

only if I use ad adapter i can use the battery or now the pandora. The green light will not be on without the AD adapter.
I have to use for both well without the battery i still can play but without AC adapter it wont work. Even when i want to go Pandora i need AC adapter to start the pandora menu.

I just cant use the battery what i have used for pandora.

there is no problem with my psp because i can start with an other battery.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
aaah i see so if it is pandora battery its like those letters fffffffff0000 or something like that lol.

but when i turn it to normal battery i get my serial back.

shouldnt pandora have my battery serial why did that change?

also why doesnt my battery do anything i have changed it back to normal but it wont start my psp?
I had charged my battery before i turned to pandora today. now it say its empty how come i didnt use it.
there is something wrong with my battery.

only if I use ad adapter i can use the battery or now the pandora. The green light will not be on without the AD adapter.
I have to use for both well without the battery i still can play but without AC adapter it wont work. Even when i want to go Pandora i need AC adapter to start the pandora menu.

I just cant use the battery what i have used for pandora.

there is no problem with my psp because i can start with an other battery.

After you converted the battery back to normal make sure you fully shut down your PSP and then take out the battery. I don't think the changes go into effect until you remove then reinsert the battery.

alabatusa

hi, ive got cfw 3.9m33 , and i wanna make a pandoras battery just incase , i need it for later use,
thing is i bought a battery of ebay, and i dunno if its compatible to be used as a pandoras battery, how do i know it will work, its a generic battery, 3600mh..
its a weird battery, it says when its 100% full, it will last for 11 hrs
this is fine and works until abt 2hrs left, until the baterry gets to 26% and my psp goes black(something like a brick), and green power light is still on. this is when i have to change to my original battery, although i have to wait a minute before that even begins to work, like i switch batterys, flick the power switch, and nothing it stays black , the first time this happend i freaked out so much, but after abt a minute later, it goes back to running back to normal, u guys think i can make this battery into a pandora battery, or is there any harm in tryin to make it into a pandora battery, thanks

AznSaiyan

After you converted the battery back to normal make sure you fully shut down your PSP and then take out the battery. I don't think the changes go into effect until you remove then reinsert the battery.

it still wont work. my battery still need the ac adapter.

if i charge the battery it will turn 1 min orange and then it will stop charging.

I dont know what to do now.

It looks like my battery is f up. it doesnt want to turn back to normal 100%

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
it still wont work. my battery still need the ac adapter.

if i charge the battery it will turn 1 min orange and then it will stop charging.

I dont know what to do now.

It looks like my battery is f up. it doesnt want to turn back to normal 100%

What method did you use for converting it back to normal? The preferred method is pressing R+[] , but if that's not working then give the [] option a try.

AznSaiyan

What method did you use for converting it back to normal? The preferred method is pressing R+[] , but if that's not working then give the [] option a try.

I have tried both and both not working. Now i only can use the battery when the ac adapter is in it. Very very weird if you ask me.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I have tried both and both not working. Now i only can use the battery when the ac adapter is in it. Very very weird if you ask me.

hm, weird. Must be something wrong with the battery itself.

AznSaiyan

hm, weird. Must be something wrong with the battery itself.

damn then i have to bring the battery back and wait for 3 weeks to get a new one from the internetshop.

btw. do i have to format my magic stick? like if I R+O it will save the battery file will that be overwritten or?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
damn then i have to bring the battery back and wait for 3 weeks to get a new one from the internetshop.

btw. do i have to format my magic stick? like if I R+O it will save the battery file will that be overwritten or?

No you don't have to format your memory stick. If you press R+O it will just overwrite the old backup.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hey x3sphere,

I would like to give it a try for the max power battery of slim version.

but what will it do if it cant change to pandora. Will that battery defect/broken?

Also here as a proof that slim battery of sony self it can be turn in to pandora. http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=PGrgHLeS1tc

Yes the Slim batteries work. I only know that it works with the Sony branded batteries though -- not sure about other brands. If it doesn't convert properly, the battery may not work anymore.

rnc_ebm

Anyone has like this

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 3.80 M33-5

BUT

it's for 3.71 NOT 3.80

br

RNC_EBM

pdd827

so just dl'd this annnd tried to run it on official 3.11 fw and it says "the game could not be started. (80020148)" so er what can i do?:confused1:

Trying to make a pandoras battery only have 1 psp, and yeh any help would be great