• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Newbie needs help in updating his 3.40-OE

peterhuh

Hi!

I have never tried updating my firmware before. But lately, i have found a few games that don't run on my 3.40-OE. Was wondering if there is a step-by-step guide that shows how to update from 3.40-OE?

Also, which version do you recommend updating to? Basically i will not be updating my PSP frequently. So i am sort of looking for a stable version, rather than a bleeding-edge one.

Thanks in advance. Will wait here for your help! ^^

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
This is a quite easy process but may take a while to get fully updated.

Since you are on 3.40OE you'll need to update to 3.52M33 (to then update to future M33 firmwares). So follow this [guide]. Once you are updated to 3.52M33, you'll need to update to 3.52M33-4. You can do this by downloading the following [file]. Read the readme that comes with the download and you should be able to update to 3.52M33-4 with no problems.

From here you can now update to the M33 firmware of your choice. I'm currently running 3.90M33-2 myself, however some people seem to have a grudge against it, so I'll recommend that you update to 3.80M33 by following this [guide]. If you have a phat PSP (which seems to be the case), you must then download the [1.50 addon]. Follow the instructions that come with the download to install it, you'll then be allowed to use 1.50 homebrew

cyrus

Hi!

I have never tried updating my firmware before. But lately, i have found a few games that don't run on my 3.40-OE. Was wondering if there is a step-by-step guide that shows how to update from 3.40-OE?

Also, which version do you recommend updating to? Basically i will not be updating my PSP frequently. So i am sort of looking for a stable version, rather than a bleeding-edge one.

Thanks in advance. Will wait here for your help! ^^

you can update to 3.52-4

heres how:

first go here to install 3.52 m33

after installing that grab the patch from here

you can stay in that cfw if you want but if your looking for some recent games to play that require higher fw, then you need to update to 3.90 m33-2 by clicking and following this guide right here

if you have a FAT psp then go here to install the 1.50 add on patch..just put the patch on your X:/psp/game folder..

there you go woohoo!! Woot!

cyrus

This is a quite easy process but may take a while to get fully updated.

Since you are on 3.40OE you'll need to update to 3.52M33 (to then update to future M33 firmwares). So follow this [guide]. Once you are updated to 3.52M33, you'll need to update to 3.52M33-4. You can do this by downloading the following [file]. Read the readme that comes with the download and you should be able to update to 3.52M33-4 with no problems.

From here you can now update to the M33 firmware of your choice. I'm currently running 3.90M33-2 myself, however some people seem to have a grudge against it, so I'll recommend that you update to 3.80M33 by following this [guide]. If you have a phat PSP (which seems to be the case), you must then download the [1.50 addon]. Follow the instructions that come with the download to install it, you'll then be allowed to use 1.50 homebrew

ouch i was typing next thing i know somebody beat me to it..ahahaha..lol..just delete mine..:w00t:

peterhuh

woah, thanks! This makes everything clear now. Yes I am using PSP ~classic~. don't like calling my PSP phat. lolz! :biggrin:

Anyway, while reading thru all the guides, there is one part i don't understand. The readmi file for the 1.50 addon says "150 kernel addon for 3.90 M33". If i am planning to update to 3.80 M33-5 only, can I use this addon? Also, izzit a need? :confused1:

It would be very nice if Dark Alex would integrate everything. I mean, simply update from 3.40OE to 3.80M33 requires three dangerous steps. Sony sure make things hard for homebrewers... :sneaky2:

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
woah, thanks! This makes everything clear now. Yes I am using PSP ~classic~. don't like calling my PSP phat. lolz! :biggrin:

Anyway, while reading thru all the guides, there is one part i don't understand. The readmi file for the 1.50 addon says "150 kernel addon for 3.90 M33". If i am planning to update to 3.80 M33-5 only, can I use this addon? Also, izzit a need? :confused1:

It would be very nice if Dark Alex would integrate everything. I mean, simply update from 3.40OE to 3.80M33 requires three dangerous steps. Sony sure make things hard for homebrewers... :sneaky2:

Well the thing is, Dark-Alex left the scene, came back under a different Alias and different CFW (M33), so OE wasn't compatible with M33. The exact reasoning I'm not sure.

Also, sorry if I just linked to the 1.50 add-on for the 3.90, it's also available for previous versions on dark-alex.org

You can grab the 1.50 add-on for 3.80 [here]

peterhuh

thanks a million! ^^ just want to make everything triple-ly sure. mi no want to make a Pandora battery. lolZZ