• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.52 M33 Install Guide

Acerthief

I'd Say try getting another memory stick.

But before that, backup everything on your memory stick (Gamesave, music, picture, etc), and format it on your PSP. Now try the M33 CREATOR again.

and if you have something more to say right after you've posted, press the "EDIT" button on the bottom right and add the things you want to say. Thanks!

runner82

THanks...it's not too difficult doing all the backup and getting a new memory stick.

However if I upgrade to another memory stick in future, does it mean I'll have to repeat all the 3.52 installation procedure on the new memory stick again? Or simply copy all the files from one memory stick to the other?

Also is there no way to undo the kxploitpatcher?

I'd Say try getting another memory stick.

But before that, backup everything on your memory stick (Gamesave, music, picture, etc), and format it on your PSP. Now try the M33 CREATOR again.

and if you have something more to say right after you've posted, press the "EDIT" button on the bottom right and add the things you want to say. Thanks!

Acerthief

Copy and Paste will do :D
The kxpolitpatcher can't be undone. It's unnecessary anyway, if doesnt' effect anything.

if you're on 3.52M33 now, then there's no need for the patcher, and it's gone during the 1.5 -> 3.52M33 progress.

runner82

I managed to install the 3.52 M33 and went on to install 3.71 M33-4 with 1.5 kernel addon!

Got around the problem by downloading the 3.52 M33 Update file from this link.

http://style-one.mobi/download/Psp/M33UPDATE_352.rar

It seems that my PSP has problems generating the update file, could be the memory stick I dunno. But managed to execute the update file successfully to complete the installation process.

Now the question:

I see these files on my memory stick, and which one can be removed so that my GAMES menu will not be so cluttered?

GAME
- kxploitpatcher
- kxploitpatcher%
- M33CREATOR
- M33UPDATE_352
- UPDATE
GAME150
- M33Update4

Can I also remove 150.PBP from my root?

THANK YOU!

Copy and Paste will do :D
The kxpolitpatcher can't be undone. It's unnecessary anyway, if doesnt' effect anything.

if you're on 3.52M33 now, then there's no need for the patcher, and it's gone during the 1.5 -> 3.52M33 progress.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah you can safely delete the 150.PBP file after upgrading.

zilturo

150.pbp cannot be loaded

i get this error when i run the m33 creator .

its says that 150.pbp can't be loaded and then press x to reboot.

i am running 3.40 OE -A

thanks for the help

Acerthief

i get this error when i run the m33 creator .

its says that 150.pbp can't be loaded and then press x to reboot.

i am running 3.40 OE -A

thanks for the help

Try downloading the 150.PBP again, see if it works.

AkuPenguin

m33creator issue

Hi, I don't know if someone already asked this question or had this problem because there are 33 pages in this thread and it's 11 at night where I am, but whenever I run M33CREATOR it gets to where it says 'WRITING 3.52 FIRMWARE...' and then my psp just shuts off and instead of M33UPDATE I have a corrupt data file. Help plz.

AkuPenguin

technology hates me...

in a fickle sort of way. Right when I posted the above post it ended up completing successfully. I'm good. XP

Massack

Okay this may or may n ot be a stupid question, with this are you still able to run all the homebrew apps such as emulators, doom, and pdf viewers.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Okay this may or may n ot be a stupid question, with this are you still able to run all the homebrew apps such as emulators, doom, and pdf viewers.

Yes. Though you may need to download new versions of some applications if they do not work.

Infernal

I just wanted to thank you for your informative information.

I haven't touched my psp since a month after it came out. I had original firmware and just updated all of this now.

I have a 512 stick of mem but can I get lets say a 4gb stick and the firmware will still be on my psp?

Thank you!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I just wanted to thank you for your informative information.

I haven't touched my psp since a month after it came out. I had original firmware and just updated all of this now.

I have a 512 stick of mem but can I get lets say a 4gb stick and the firmware will still be on my psp?

Thank you!

Yes, the firmware isn't stored on the memory stick so even if you switch sticks you'll still have the same firmware installed.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Okay so i installed this, howev er it won't let me run any of my home brew apps now, advice?

For any homebrew applications that aren't working, create a GAME150 folder alongside GAME and put them in there. By default 3.52 M33 uses the 3.X kernel for homebrew, and native 1.5 applications won't work under that.

vp10120

Ok i want to reconfirm that i totally understand the procedures. Coz i dont want end up bricking my new PSP slim. My current FW is 3.93 Australia OFW..

So the way to update to 3.90 m33-4, is to put 1.50 and 3.52 OFW together on that mentioned m33 creator folder. Go to PSP and create a patched 3.52 m33 CFW and install. Then go stright to install 3.90 m33-4?

Do i need Pandora's battery at all? Coz i heard some updates doesn't require it.

JonC04

Ok i want to reconfirm that i totally understand the procedures. Coz i dont want end up bricking my new PSP slim. My current FW is 3.93 Australia OFW..

So the way to update to 3.90 m33-4, is to put 1.50 and 3.52 OFW together on that mentioned m33 creator folder. Go to PSP and create a patched 3.52 m33 CFW and install. Then go stright to install 3.90 m33-4?

Do i need Pandora's battery at all? Coz i heard some updates doesn't require it.

Yah, you need a Pandora Battery and a Magic Memory stick for these guides on this forum, but there are some guides on how to make a Pandora Battery and a Magic Memory Stick without a PSP. Because in order to make the Pandora Battery and Magic Memory Stick, you need a PSP with CFW on it.

The ones that don't need a Pandora Battery aren't always safe, because they're not 100% trustworthy compared to this pretty trustworthy Site right here =)