• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using a Datel Tool Pandoras battery on a Slim

BritishDragon

Hi all

Please firstly accept my apologies for being a complete novice and so would appreciate any responses that are like you are talking to a 3 year old:biggrin:

I have tried to read a few of the guides that are on this site but I find that they are not fully tailored to my situation and I'm not at all sure what I should do, and believe me, if I get it wrong, the doghouse beckons in a big way....

Anyways, I have a PSP slim and wish to do whatever the necessary is to run 'homebrews' etc

I have got a Datel Tool Slim pandora battery and is fully charged as per the instructions.

I've heard about a magic memory stick so I think that might be the next step??

the memory card I have is a Sandisk 2.0GB Memory Stick PRO Duo

I will be very grateful for any help, but please pay particular attention to the 3year old bit!!!

frosty5689

Stupidity to the MAX
Sharing Copyright material is not allowed as it's copyrighted. So... your best off requesting someone to PM you a dl link for the magic stick files.

d1ddy

hey british dragon , i have a guide for you . I will PM it to you , its for semi bricked psps but magic the ms isnt

JonC04

Just curious... but do you have a Pandora Battery? Because I mean.. you need two important things... Pandora battery and Magic Memory Stick and there are guides here on how to make each of them. But if you don't have a friend with a Homebrew-capable PSP, I'm here to help if you need to HardMod it ;)

Acerthief

Just curious... but do you have a Pandora Battery? Because I mean.. you need two important things... Pandora battery and Magic Memory Stick and there are guides here on how to make each of them. But if you don't have a friend with a Homebrew-capable PSP, I'm here to help if you need to HardMod it ;)

Datel tool = Pandora Battery

JonC04

So datel batteries come pandorized? I didn't know that =o If I knew that, I would've just bought a datel battery back instead of harmodding T-T

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So datel batteries come pandorized? I didn't know that =o If I knew that, I would've just bought a datel battery back instead of harmodding T-T

Just the orange TOOL branded ones. They also have a service tool kit that can convert a PSP battery to Pandora and revert it back to normal.

JonC04

That's cool =/ But I have a Pandora battery already, so =/ Meh, I should've read more about Pandora batteries =/

BritishDragon

That's part of my problem. There seems to be loads of firmware codes and I don't know which I need to go to. Can anyone confirm that this is the version that I need and that article details the right steps therefore to follow.

Sorry to keep bugging, but I don't fancy an @rse lashing off the wife. Not tonight anyways

JonC04

That aritlcle contains everything you need to know, just follow that carefully and you'll be fine =). If anything happens.. I'll give you $5 =)

No_One_In_Partic

Just to make sure BritishDragon, you know that creating a Magic Memory Stick using a PSP that has official Sony firmware on it is impossible, right - even with the files ? You'll need to find someone with a PSP which is already capable of running homebrew, show them the guide above and ask them to create it for you.

JonC04

Just to make sure BritishDragon, you know that creating a Magic Memory Stick using a PSP that has official Sony firmware on it is impossible, right ? You'll need to find someone with a PSP which already is capable of running homebrew, show them the guide above and ask them to create it for you.

I think you mean that it's impossible to make a Pandora Battery with an Official Sony Firmware... because when I made a Magic Memory Stick, my PSP was Official Sony Firmware, but I wasn't able to create a Pandora Battery.

No_One_In_Partic

Oh, right ? I must be talking out my arse again - I'm sure I read the Memory Stick creating was impossible too.

...least I'll know from now, ey ? lol.

JonC04

lol it's fine... I'm not so pro with all the PSP stuff either. I think you can put the Memory stick into your Memory Stick driver on the computer and make it, but I think you need to follow a seperate guide that isn't found on this site on creating it. Because I think most guides on this site are made to create a Magic Memory Stick and Pandora Battery with the use of a Homebrew-Capable PSP.

So you are correct but it's not impossible, just more difficult =)

ShinyPalkia

Sharing Copyright material is not allowed as it's copyrighted. So... your best off requesting someone to PM you a dl link for the magic stick files.

These magic stick files, are they these for creating a Pandora Battery? Do they let the Tool Battery boot normaly into XMB Menu?