• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

firmware 3.40 OE-A originally used on phat possible to use on slim?

unseen-view

I have a pandora battery and a magic memory stick with 3.40 OE-A which I can borrow, I think the magic memory stick has 1.50 kernel on it as well? If that makes sense, I'm not sure.

Now -- my question: I have a slim can I use the 3.40 OE-A firmware from the magic mem stick to make my slim into that firmware? or Will i need a new magic memory stick with 1.50 kernel and time machine to get my slim into a m33 firmware version?

p.s. my slim is on the original firmware it came with, if that helps.

Help/ direction much appreciated.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I have a pandora battery and a magic memory stick with 3.40 OE-A which I can borrow, I think the magic memory stick has 1.50 kernel on it as well? If that makes sense, I'm not sure.

Now -- my question: I have a slim can I use the 3.40 OE-A firmware from the magic mem stick to make my slim into that firmware? or Will i need a new magic memory stick with 1.50 kernel and time machine to get my slim into a m33 firmware version?

p.s. my slim is on the original firmware it came with, if that helps.

Help/ direction much appreciated.

Pretty sure there was never a magic memory stick with 3.40 OE-A released. I would recommend to follow the magic memory stick portion of the guide here to get 3.90 M33-3 firmware on the stick (which is compatible with the Slim):

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780

unseen-view

Pretty sure there was never a magic memory stick with 3.40 OE-A released. I would recommend to follow the magic memory stick portion of the guide here to get 3.90 M33-3 firmware on the stick (which is compatible with the Slim):

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780

Ok thanks for the help some more questions though: if there was no 3.40 oe release could it not still be 3.40 m33 or something -- if it was 3.40m33 would i still need to get it upgraded to 3.90m33 to work on my slim

and

referring to the link (the tutorial provided) the making of the memory stick is done solely on the "homebrew capable psp (phat)" correct?

i'll probably get the guy to get 3.90m33-3/2 onto the mem stick but he said that some games didn't work with that firmware so he reverted back to the 3.40 version -- is this common?

thanks again for the help

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Ok thanks for the help some more questions though: if there was no 3.40 oe release could it not still be 3.40 m33 or something -- if it was 3.40m33 would i still need to get it upgraded to 3.90m33 to work on my slim

and

referring to the link (the tutorial provided) the making of the memory stick is done solely on the "homebrew capable psp (phat)" correct?

i'll probably get the guy to get 3.90m33-3/2 onto the mem stick but he said that some games didn't work with that firmware so he reverted back to the 3.40 version -- is this common?

thanks again for the help

Yes it would be done on the homebrew-capable Phat. Also, even the stick did have 3.40 OE-A on it, that wouldn't work on the Slim, as it supports only 3.60 M33 and up.