• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Need a bit of help here

3rdeyeblind

ok i recently bought a psp =D .. its a slim
it started with a firmware 3.8- and it now randomly has firmware 3.93 on it <no idea how it got there o..O>

But now that im exploring the psp a bit more im realizing you can add games to the memory card and such. so im wondering.. how can a get a custom version of firmware on there.,.
and ive tried many times but whenever i get a custom firmware .. put it on my psp i press x it starts then it stops and i get a message "could not start game" and thats the end of that

So basically i need someone to tell me what i need to do to get a custom firmware version on my psp so i can play some games thru the memory card =]

Darkchild

The Doctor
well..do you know anyone who has a PSP Phat or a homebrew enabled PSP?
(in other words, do you know anyone else who has a PSP with custom firmware?)

dennis96411

Oooh... You need a Pandora Battery and Universal Unbricker to downgrade your slim.

Richlando

You need someone who has a CFW psp to downgrade or rather install CFW on your psp..Read some of the guides about Pandora and if you don't have anyone who can do it for you look online for a place to buy a Pandora Battery along with the files it requires on a memory stick.And Pandora is the name for PSP batteries that have been "altered" to allow you to downgrade your PSP to custom firmware.Read up on it...

3rdeyeblind

question .. do i have to get an early version of custom firmware and work my way up.. or can i wait until a new custom firmware comes out thats a higher version then my sony firmware and upgrade
for instance:
i have 3.93 sony firmware if i waited until 3.95 M33 came out <it might be out i dunno>
could i just install 3.95 m33 >?
just a question cuz when it comes to psp im lost

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
question .. do i have to get an early version of custom firmware and work my way up.. or can i wait until a new custom firmware comes out thats a higher version then my sony firmware and upgrade
for instance:
i have 3.93 sony firmware if i waited until 3.95 M33 came out <it might be out i dunno>
could i just install 3.95 m33 >?
just a question cuz when it comes to psp im lost

You can't simply install custom firmware on official firmware, even if it is a higher version than the firmware you are currently running.

As other members have posted, you need a Pandora battery and magic memory stick.

Richlando

Like 393 Sony that uses Pandora and Magic mem stick can go to CFW.(example 390M33)
390M33 Custom Firmware can go back to Sony firmware only if higher..390M33-->393 ofw (Sony)

I'm on 390M33-3 CFW and I wanted to try out 395 Sony ofw so I upgraded to the firmware to check it out.When I was done wasting my time on it I used my Padora Battery and Magic Memory stick and via DC5 (downgrader) was able to go back to 390M33-3 CFW...get it?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
if i had a phat could i just install it without the pandora and magic mem>? .. just a question

If the Phat is running any firmware higher than 3.50, no. You'll still need Pandora and a magic memory stick.