• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP won't turn on..need help,URGENT.

KazShikimori

I was putting those XMB themes into the flash0 folders and after turning off,I can't turn it on again.
I've done this a couple of time but not sure what is the reason making this to happen.
Can I format it?Maybe a virus got in? o_O
I can't even turn on my PSP right now,someone please help me.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I was putting those XMB themes into the flash0 folders and after turning off,I can't turn it on again.
I've done this a couple of time but not sure what is the reason making this to happen.
Can I format it?Maybe a virus got in? o_O
I can't even turn on my PSP right now,someone please help me.

There's no such thing as a PSP virus. It's likely the theme wasn't compatible with the firmware you are running.

If you hold R while turning on your PSP does it still boot to Recovery mode?

Chilly Willy

Contributor
There are no PSP viruses. You probably just accidentally killed a file, or forgot to put one in when switching the theme. Themes that require you to write the flash are dangerous that way. I certainly hope you have a Pandora's Battery and Magic Stick ready - that's what you need here. If you have a backup of your flash from when it was working, just write that back. Do NOT write someone else's flash to your PSP! Otherwise, just use the latest DC from Dark_AleX to reinstall 3.90 M33.

TimTiger

Way to addicted to games.
relax a bit chilly, you probably would confuse them like that.

KazShikimori

There's no such thing as a PSP virus. It's likely the theme wasn't compatible with the firmware you are running.

If you hold R while turning on your PSP does it still boot to Recovery mode?

No it's not booting.The theme is compatible for 3.90 m33.
And before I unplugged the USB,I saw a RavmonE.exe in the folder,and when I searched about Ravmon,it seems that it's a virus.Will it affect the PSP if a virus got into the flash0 folder?

There are no PSP viruses. You probably just accidentally killed a file, or forgot to put one in when switching the theme. Themes that require you to write the flash are dangerous that way. I certainly hope you have a Pandora's Battery and Magic Stick ready - that's what you need here. If you have a backup of your flash from when it was working, just write that back. Do NOT write someone else's flash to your PSP! Otherwise, just use the latest DC from Dark_AleX to reinstall 3.90 M33.

Not sure if I killed a file.I just copy the theme file into it.
And I don't have a Pandora's Battery and Magic Stick =( Heard of it though.
And yeah,I backed up the flash0 files.

**I've fixed my PSP.Took it to the shop.
Thanks for helping,everyone.