• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

1.5 Kernel Add-on for 4.01 M33

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Alright I'm having some difficulties here if anyone can help, I thank you and praise you like you're a new god. Before that though, here is the deal. I upgraded to 4.01 M33-2 on my PSP-Slim and tried to install the 1.5 kernel for the 4.01 M33, however just like previous users, I got the message saying I can only install on PSP fats or whatever. However, I am now stuck with 4.01 M33-2 on my psp, and it's not allowing me to run any games, apps, or emulators. I get the error:

"The game could not be started. (80020321)"

I'm pretty much expecting the "You're screwed till he makes a change for this." reply, however if there is a way to change this, fix it, downgrade to 3.90 m33, or if this problem is totally unrelated to the 4.01 m33-2, any information is quite helpful.

The 1.5 kernel is only for regular fat PSPs, so yeah you can't install that.

But anyways, what programs are not running? I have updated to 4.01 M33-2 on my Slim and all of the emulators installed still work fine. Also were you able to run these same programs on 3.90 M33?

Jakotsu

The 1.5 kernel is only for regular fat PSPs, so yeah you can't install that.

But anyways, what programs are not running? I have updated to 4.01 M33-2 on my Slim and all of the emulators installed still work fine. Also were you able to run these same programs on 3.90 M33?

Well, I tried running gpSP which is my gba emulator and it's not running, I tried running my Breath of Fire 3.cso on there which both ran perfectly on 3.90 M33. However the latest game I downloaded didn't work for 3.90 which was Naruto Ultimate Ninjas 2: Phantom Fortress. It got the error on both 3.90 and 4.01. However something odd did happen I failed to mention before because I thought it was rather trivial, was that before I put Naruto on my psp I had breath of fire and gpSP but it was sitting in my room collecting dust for at least 2 months, in which time the battery died and I had to recharge it. So I did and when I started it up it asked me to put the date on it then it started up fine, with the 3.90 on it and everything. I thought that tidbit was trivial, but if it helps then so be it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

JooNkeN

I seem to be having trouble installing this kernel add-on.

I am currently running 4.01 M33-2 on a Phat PSP.
ISO Games run fine. UMD Games run fine.

I have placed the install file on PSP\GAME4XX
I get an error: The game could not be started. (80010002)
I have tried running the install file from PSP\GAME\ as well.

I have my kernel setting on 4xx in the configuration menu.
I used the 1.50 kernel patch on 3.90 previously.
Now I am unable to run any 1.50 homebrew applications.

I also get another error on certain homebrew applications (kxploited ones; NAME and NAME% folders)

8002014C - Ran kxploited homebrew without Homebrew enabled firmware.

So I'm unable to run any eboots/homebrew right now? I don't understand how this happened.

Any solutions? Please and thank you.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
@JooNkeN: Just to be sure, are you using the new 1.5 kernel add-on linked in the first post of this thread? The one from 3.90 M33 won't work.

Kxploited homebrew applications are usually 1.5 based so that's why they aren't working.

JooNkeN

Yes, I downloaded the new version they released, and that's what I'm trying to install.
Also, I tried running the 4.01 M33-2 installer again, and it wouldn't let me run that either, with the same error message 80010002. Isn't it supposed to run, and tell me in a black screen that I don't need to update?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yes, I downloaded the new version they released, and that's what I'm trying to install.
Also, I tried running the 4.01 M33-2 installer again, and it wouldn't let me run that either, with the same error message 80010002. Isn't it supposed to run, and tell me in a black screen that I don't need to update?

Yep it is. Hmm I'm not sure why homebrew isn't running. First I would try running restore default settings in the System Settings section and also try formatting the memory stick. Also, do you have any plugins enabled?

JayFoxRox

I m having the same problem like Jakotsu.

I have this problem on my slim psp, I did not upgrade my old psp yet because of this. The psp is still stuck at 4.01-M33 (initial release) as I m worried that the files which are written to flash could be corrupted. While beeing on holidays I looked into the described problem:

- I tried running homebrew and backups from an original memory stick on my old psp - everything worked fine, games booted first try etc.
- As soon as I put the memory stick in the slim problems seem to appear randomly (missing splash screens, broken graphics, ...), saving games or taking photos will either corrupt savegames or game backups (compared with hex-editor), the same problems will occur on the old psp then (Which is still running 3.90-M33)!
- Some media players won't be able to list files on the slim, it worked fine in 3.90-M33
- If a game loads fine (seems to be rare and randomly): Outrun 2006 crashes often while racing from one part to another (probably corrupted data is loaded), PSP Revolution crashes on nearly every song which is having a high BPM if the energy bar is too low.

I think this is a problem with the memory stick modules. The problem gets even worse when I use my MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter: The microsd card will be completly empty and corrupted after playing for a while.

//Edit: Wrong topic, sorry. This is about 4.01-M33 and not about the 1.5 Kernel Addon.

Jakotsu

Another side note, on my little problem here, is that my music does run fine unlike JayFoxRox. However that's only if I run it from the music portion of the psp, right off the mem card. Also I have a custom boot up for games and the like which does not seem to appear when I run any program of the sorts. It just runs the standard boot up and errors.

JooNkeN

Yep it is. Hmm I'm not sure why homebrew isn't running. First I would try running restore default settings in the System Settings section and also try formatting the memory stick. Also, do you have any plugins enabled?

I had some plugins enabled before, but I tried to run it with all my plugins off, and also removed them from the memory stick.

I have tried resetting my Flash1 and that didn't help.

However, I think you might be right with the formatting of the memory stick, as I just tried another memory stick of mine (Pandora's) with the installer, and it worked.....

So, the problem was in the memory stick.
Could you tell me why this happened, how it happened, and if I will be able to prevent it from happening in the future?

I will proceed to format the said memory stick that was giving me problems.

Thank you for your help.

Kein

MD5 for 150.PBP is "e32eb27980ba8b291eb803e3397e4b24", correct? I just have old 150 core from 390 M33 pack and don't want to redownload another :p

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
MD5 for 150.PBP is "e32eb27980ba8b291eb803e3397e4b24", correct? I just have old 150 core from 390 M33 pack and don't want to redownload another :p

Yeah, that MD5 is correct.

@JooNkeN: Most likely the memory stick had corrupt sectors. This can happen if the USB cord is pulled out in the middle of transferring files, or if the PSP is shut down while writing a file to the memory stick.

ebikhafan

Hello boys. I have a PSP Slim. Can I do this (install kernel 1.50 addon) to mine?
And know this: "JUST LOVE THE ONE GOD"

Gwapingn8

the only one thing 1.50 is very useful for is for NES.

as of right now, I haven't seen a release for NES that is supported on 3/4 Kernel..
it has to be on 1.5 Kernel..... for those who like to play old games such as Mario 1,2,3 and all the original Megaman 1,2,3,4,5 & 6... then go ahead and get rid of 1.5

or maybe i'm wrong and there is now a release for NES to run on a higher kernel

Ammar212

I have offical psp 4.01 from 3.95 m33-4 !!! I think i did it by mistaken and have offical update instead of m33 one !!!

Is there any solution now to dongrade or there is any hack !!!
Please help me asap !!! :(

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I have offical psp 4.01 from 3.95 m33-4 !!! I think i did it by mistaken and have offical update instead of m33 one !!!

Is there any solution now to dongrade or there is any hack !!!
Please help me asap !!! :(

Pandora battery and magic memory stick is the only way. You'll need to have a friend convert your battery or buy a pre-converted one.

just wondering...
after i install this kernal add-on can i delete the 150.pbp from the root of my memory stick? (prob not right?) cuz im kinda low on space. also, there's still a 22.5mb 370.pbp file on the root of my memory stick that's been there ever since i installed cfw. U guys know if it's okay to delete that as well?????

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
just wondering...
after i install this kernal add-on can i delete the 150.pbp from the root of my memory stick? (prob not right?) cuz im kinda low on space. also, there's still a 22.5mb 370.pbp file on the root of my memory stick that's been there ever since i installed cfw. U guys know if it's okay to delete that as well?????

Yes you can delete both. The files are only needed for installation. After that, they can be safely deleted.