• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

amder

hey guys i was just wondering...if i convert ma battery into a pandora 1 will i be able to convert it back to normal.dats cuz i have only 1 battery.if yes then cn any1 tl me how to do it.all help will be appriciated.
P.s how do i turn ma memory stick back to normal after partitioning it.(i have only 1 of then too).plz help guys

vuanhquan92

@ vuanhquan92:

you can just create ISO folder in the root of your memory stick and place your games there..

U think that I'm not doing that, I tried a lots of times, it just work when I reformatted the MS, but I realy want to keep the Unbricker files on my MS, I just have 1 MS, can anyone help me

babyface

ive tried making a magic memory stick using this guide but whenever im trying to run Hellcat's Pandora Installer, it keeps on giving me the "game could not be started ( 80020148 ) "

im on ofw 4.05 and i cant run any games aswell...

please help... tnx

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ive tried making a magic memory stick using this guide but whenever im trying to run Hellcat's Pandora Installer, it keeps on giving me the "game could not be started ( 80020148 ) "

im on ofw 4.05 and i cant run any games aswell...

please help... tnx

This is the problem. You need a PSP running custom firmware, as the guide's requirements state:

* A working, homebrew-capable PSP running at least 3.X OE / M33

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780

Look at the Noobie FAQ for other methods on obtaining a Pandora battery and magic memory stick.

biro

The one behind second 5.03 exploit
can i downgrade 4.01 to 3.90 m-33 without other psp with CFW

houseofthemoon

Hello!

Thanks for the guide, this worked great when I used my 256MB SanDisk memory card. It upgraded my slim psp to 3.90m33-3 like clockwork.

I have a problem now though. I have a different slim PSP and i've sold the 256MB mem stick. Now all I have is an 8GB SanDisk memory stick. It wouldn't work. Is there any way to get this process to work with an 8GB memory stick?

Thanks, houseofthemoon--

dredd1016

Please help!!
I'm just a newbie with psp. Been using it just 2 weeks ago and was able to play games in the ISO folder of the memory stick.
Just now I've upgraded it to version 4.05 because it says it has added features such as skype which I don't have.
Then after the upgrade my games in the ISO folder of my memory stick doesn't appear anymore.
Is there any way I could revert back to my old version? Or play games in v 4.05 stored in my memory stick? Please Help me what to do.
I tried following the steps although I'm not sure if I did step 1 correctly. I just switched on my psp while holding the R but it just started normally. Then after step 7 it says "The game could not be started. (80020148) "
Oh no! Does this mean I'll never be able to use my memory stick for games? My previous version was 3.80 m33-5

babyface

Please help!!
I'm just a newbie with psp. Been using it just 2 weeks ago and was able to play games in the ISO folder of the memory stick.
Just now I've upgraded it to version 4.05 because it says it has added features such as skype which I don't have.
Then after the upgrade my games in the ISO folder of my memory stick doesn't appear anymore.
Is there any way I could revert back to my old version? Or play games in v 4.05 stored in my memory stick? Please Help me what to do.
I tried following the steps although I'm not sure if I did step 1 correctly. I just switched on my psp while holding the R but it just started normally. Then after step 7 it says "The game could not be started. (80020148) "
Oh no! Does this mean I'll never be able to use my memory stick for games? My previous version was 3.80 m33-5

Well, we had the same problem... but mine is already resolved.. the only way you can revert your firmware to a later version of firmware is by using a pandora battery and a magic memory stick.

You cant make a magic memory stick on your psp because you have updated your firmware into an official version( my mistake also :closedeyes: )

the only thing you could do is make a magic memory stick and pandora battery on someones psp (phat) OR take your psp to a repair shop (you can find one on megamall or starmall) and ask them to downgrade your firmware.. BTW, it will cost you around 800 to 1k pesos. price is too much.

as for me, I ask the store where I bought my psp to downgrade mine for no cost at all by using my charm..:w00t: kidding.. I beg them not to charge me as I have a lifetime free upgrade from them:laugh:

biro

HELP

i am going to downgrade my fat psp(FW 4.05) so i need replies on these questions:
1)ALL files(times machine,hellcat pandora,etc.)should be copied on the MS of the PSP that has CFW or what?
2)The pandora battery should be of the PSP that has CFW?
3)When shall i put the pandora battery and magic ms to the psp that i gonna downgrade?
4)How can i get rid of the magic MS(return it back to its previous state)
5)How will the downgrader work on the 4.05 PSP?
PLZ HELP :confused1:

vuanhquan92

Can I used it on 4.01m33 ??? because you said that for 3.xx version. And how can I identify my MOBO, I can't use PSPIden because it require 3.... version?????

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Ya, um, i have a mac, so is there a way that i could do this that is compatible with my computer?

All the files are used on your PSP so why would it matter if you have a Mac?

Can I used it on 4.01m33 ??? because you said that for 3.xx version. And how can I identify my MOBO, I can't use PSPIden because it require 3.... version?????

It works on 4.01 M33. Other than PSPident, I don't know of another program that can identify your mobo. Either way if you have an incompatible mobo the program will warn you at startup.

biro

after downgrading it says press x,wat happens after,does it shutdown or wat

so i bought a pandoras battery and a 2gb ms

can i make a magic ms if i have 4.01 ofw?

or do i do something else

i have a fat/phat

x_fox81

It is actually not necessary to convert the battery back if you leave the magic memory stick files on, as the PSP will boot normal if UP button on the d-pad is not pressed.

But yeah you can convert the battery back to normal by running Hellcat's installer again and press R+O.

Hi x3sphere,

Had followed all the instructions & successfully created a MMS. However when i converted my batt into pandora and try to boot up my PSP while holding UP button on the d-pad, nothing happened. What i can see is that's only green light on & de LCD light is on as well but nothing shown as per quote on 1st page

"2. You will be presented with a menu telling you to press X to install 3.90 M33 Press X."

Qn: Is my psp bricked? followed the steps to create the MMS everything is fine. Do i need to find another normal batt to boot it up to XMA & redo the steps again to create MMS & try to boot it back to normal batt? I've tried finding answer through NOOB faq but cant find any issue close to mine

System before error:
CFW: 4.01M33-2. Batt is SONY 3.6v 1200, Hellcat; Time machine; DC v5; 1.50,3.40,3.90 Eboot all stored in the MMS - created MMS successfully.
MS is a Scandisk 4GD

Your attention is very much appreciated!!!! Thank you!!