• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

4.01 M33 Easy Installation Guide

Pranzer

I have my 4.01 m33-2 for weeks now.. I have some problem with the games, It's like this> I have 4 gigs memory sony magic gate and formatted it using my psp, then I put FFCC, Patapon, Flow, luxor, and when I put god of war is says "Could not play he game error (80001 blah), I try also changing the ISO UMD mode but it doesn't work so i remove it, then sometimes the FFCC and patapon when execute it just hang up and the psp shut down. I have to re install or copy and past again the games so it will run ok. does someone experience like this?

coner32

My psp now 4.01.
Wanted to upgrade to 4.01 M33, followed the steps but after i execute the M33 program, psp showed <The game could not be started(80020148)>.
pls help:crying:

Acerthief

Stu G 85

Hello,

I'm having a problem playing psone games if anyone can help.

Iv upgraded to 4.01 m33-2 but now when I play PSone eboots they start up normal but then when the black playstation screen comes up and the sound plays it freezes there? My psp doesnt freeze coz I can still press home but the psone game just wont go any futher???

Cheers

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hello,

I'm having a problem playing psone games if anyone can help.

Iv upgraded to 4.01 m33-2 but now when I play PSone eboots they start up normal but then when the black playstation screen comes up and the sound plays it freezes there? My psp doesnt freeze coz I can still press home but the psone game just wont go any futher???

Cheers

Most likely the game you are trying to run is not compatible in 4.01. With each new firmware release Sony usually makes changes to the PSone emulator, breaking (and fixing) certain games in the process.

D_A plans to release a 4.01 M33 compatible build of popsloader soon, which allows you to run the PSone emulator from earlier firmware on 4.01 M33.

Stu G 85

Most likely the game you are trying to run is not compatible in 4.01. With each new firmware release Sony usually makes changes to the PSone emulator, breaking (and fixing) certain games in the process.

D_A plans to release a 4.01 M33 compatible build of popsloader soon, which allows you to run the PSone emulator from earlier firmware on 4.01 M33.

Ah right,

Cheers m8 i'll look out for that.

cpl punishment

It has been along long while since i downgraded my PSP and by the looks of things i've been left behind by quite a considerable distance.
My PSP is running downgraded version 3.10 OE-A (i said it had been a while) atm. Can someone please just do a quick summary/guide on what is needed for me to get to latest firmware downgrade. I will then do the nessessary reading etc. from there, but there is so much info here its hard to separated the wood for the trees!

Thanks in advance!!!

Cpl P

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It has been along long while since i downgraded my PSP and by the looks of things i've been left behind by quite a considerable distance.
My PSP is running downgraded version 3.10 OE-A (i said it had been a while) atm. Can someone please just do a quick summary/guide on what is needed for me to get to latest firmware downgrade. I will then do the necessary reading etc. from there, but there is so much info here its hard to separated the wood for the trees!

Thanks in advance!!!

Cpl P

Install 3.51 M33, upgrade to 3.52 M33-4, then install 4.01 M33.

Aeryn

Noob question!

I just bought a PSP slim and upgraded from 3.71 M33 to 4.01 M33
Wondering if I could delete the UPDATE folder and all the installation files in the x:/PSP/GAME directory

It won't affect my system right? Couldn't find the answer anywhere else so decided to ask.
Thanks for tolerating this noob question!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Noob question!

I just bought a PSP slim and upgraded from 3.71 M33 to 4.01 M33
Wondering if I could delete the UPDATE folder and all the installation files in the x:/PSP/GAME directory

It won't affect my system right? Couldn't find the answer anywhere else so decided to ask.
Thanks for tolerating this noob question!

Yes, it's safe to delete that folder.

Manchester

Hiya, having some problems upgrading to 4.01 M33

I've currently got 3.52 M33-4. Which is fine to upgrade from.

However, it shuts down, starts up again, says Unpacking... done. Then goes to Please wait...

And nothing happens? It just stays on that screen.

Worked fine on my little brothers. Just wondering why it isn't working on mine?

Mines an original 1.5 Jap PSP, so should work fine.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hiya, having some problems upgrading to 4.01 M33

I've currently got 3.52 M33-4. Which is fine to upgrade from.

However, it shuts down, starts up again, says Unpacking... done. Then goes to Please wait...

And nothing happens? It just stays on that screen.

Worked fine on my little brothers. Just wondering why it isn't working on mine?

Mines an original 1.5 Jap PSP, so should work fine.

Are you using the same memory stick? Either way I would try backing up all data on the stick, format it, then copy everything back over. Sometimes corrupt blocks on the stick can cause this to happen.

Manchester

Are you using the same memory stick? Either way I would try backing up all data on the stick, format it, then copy everything back over. Sometimes corrupt blocks on the stick can cause this to happen.

Sorted it now.

It was cause I had the wrong kernel selected. Changed it to the firmware i was running, and it upgraded straight away :) Doh, sometimes the most obvious things don't appear obvious at the time :D

saDdy

hi. i'm currently using version 3.71m33. i wanna upgrade to version 4.01m33-2 which is the latest one, so how shall i go about it? sorry i'm kind of new in upgrading. this is the first time i'm trying to upgrade myself. hope your guy will help me and give me as much information as possible. thanks. and by the way, how i know my psp got a brick? if got, how to unbrick it? thanks.

jquest07

Here is a detailed step by step guide for installing the newly released 4.01 M33. Please note that you must be running 3.52 M33-3, or higher to begin this installation. Do note that if you're already running 3.80 M33 and have a WiFi connection, you can simply update to 3.90 M33 by selecting Network Update from the PSP XMB.

Installing 4.01 M33

First grab the 4.01 M33 files and extract them.

1. Copy the UPDATE folder contained in the archive to X:/PSP/GAME

2. Download the 4.01 EBOOT, and then place it in X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

3. Navigate to the Game menu on the PSP and execute the program, it will not run unless there is 78 percent battery free.

4. Press X and the update process will start. Yes it may look similar to a regular Sony update but don't worry!

5. Once finished, the updater will ask you to press X or O to reboot. You MUST do this, otherwise you'll end up with a brick.

6. You've successfully installed 4.01 M33!

Upgrading to 4.01 M33-2

After installing 4.01 M33, it is recommended to apply the latest update for additional bug fixes and related firmware improvements. Below is a quick three step walkthrough on how to manually update the firmware. Please note that you must have already installed 4.01 M33, as detailed above, in order to begin this process.

1. Download the 4.01 M33-2 update files and extract the archive.

2. Copy the UPDATE folder contained in the archive to X:/PSP/GAME, where X is the letter of your memory stick drive. If asked to overwrite any files, do so.

3. Navigate to the Game menu on the PSP and execute the 4.01 M33-2 update program. Then follow the on-screen instructions to update your firmware.
I understand that you must be running a previous version to get this update, however I am brand new to this and I don't have any versions running on my PSP. I have update 4.01 from the Sony website and I don't know how to begin, please help me out, thank you! You can either reply to this post or you can email me at jquest_06@yahoo.com, I really appreciate your assistance!

Irishphnx

After updating to the new CFW on my phat psp (from like 3.90m33 to 4.01m33) my Snes emulator stopped working and i kept getting this error

"* 80020148 = PRX type unsupported"

Which i did a little research and apparently means:
"Explanation: This error comes up when you try to use emulators, homebrew, etc. on a psp with version 1.52 and higher."

I've tried messing around with the recovery menu and switch the kernel but it didnt seem to do anything, and it worked fine before the update....
So basically i want to know how to fix it, any and all help would be appreciated.ty 8)