• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

4.01 M33 Easy Installation Guide

x_fox81

I appreciate your reply, however I don't know what a pandora's kit is, I found "pandora related" but nothing actually saying it's a pandora's kit. Please help, I need to be walked through this.

Hi jquest07,

Kindly refer to the same i reply back to mkh on the same page. A Pandora's kit is referring to a pandora batt & a Magic Memory Stick (MMS). Hope this will answer your doubt. :biggrin:

Nachyoz

Network Update

I'm currently running 3.80 M33-5. When I go to network update it downloads the 4.01 M33-2 installer. Can I just run the 4.01 M33-2 installer or should I install 3.90 M33 or 4.01 M33-1 first?

Acerthief

I'm currently running 3.80 M33-5. When I go to network update it downloads the 4.01 M33-2 installer. Can I just run the 4.01 M33-2 installer or should I install 3.90 M33 or 4.01 M33-1 first?

Direct upgrade is fine.

seiksoon

Hello there everyone, I just bought a brand new uncrack PSP, the version is 3.95. I have been reading threads a few days, I have a few questions :
1. How do i crack my PSP into custom firmlware 4.01M33, as i read from the thread that I need to start from a crack PSP.
2. If i need to crack, which version should i begin with?
3. Is Pandora battery a must in cracking PSP from the beginning?
4. If possible, can someone provide step by step information on how to crack from a uncrack PSP?

Advance gratitude for the person who could provide this information. thanks

Acerthief

Hello there everyone, I just bought a brand new uncrack PSP, the version is 3.95. I have been reading threads a few days, I have a few questions :
1. How do i crack my PSP into custom firmlware 4.01M33, as i read from the thread that I need to start from a crack PSP.
2. If i need to crack, which version should i begin with?
3. Is Pandora battery a must in cracking PSP from the beginning?
4. If possible, can someone provide step by step information on how to crack from a uncrack PSP?

Advance gratitude for the person who could provide this information. thanks

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=6832

BillyH

Hey i am noob at this >< i somehow found a psp in my house and it is version 1.5 can i just update it to 4.01 m33?

please reply meh ><
thx

Acerthief

Rayzaro

The Puerto Rican
Halp! I have a Slim PSP with an official firmware of 3.90. Whenever I try to upgrade to 4.01 M33 it gives me an error message stating "The game could not be started (80020148.)". Can someone help me before something goes horribly wrong?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

wdervine

Updating to 4.01

Hi all
I've just question if I update to 4.01m33 from 3.71m33 I know this might sound stupid but will I loose the ability to transfer my umd to my pc.

aet92

The New one
Hi all
I've just question if I update to 4.01m33 from 3.71m33 I know this might sound stupid but will I loose the ability to transfer my umd to my pc.
are you talking about isos? or ripping games? anyway both ways you can continue doing it in 4.01!

maggotz

4.01 M33 Easy Installation Guide
Here is a detailed step by step guide for installing the newly released 4.01 M33. Please note that you must be running 3.52 M33-3, or higher to begin this installation. Do note that if you're already running 3.80 M33 and have a WiFi connection, you can simply update to 3.90 M33 by selecting Network Update from the PSP XMB.

Installing 4.01 M33

First grab the 4.01 M33 files and extract them.

1. Copy the UPDATE folder contained in the archive to X:/PSP/GAME

2. Download the 4.01 EBOOT, and then place it in X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

3. Navigate to the Game menu on the PSP and execute the program, it will not run unless there is 78 percent battery free.

4. Press X and the update process will start. Yes it may look similar to a regular Sony update but don't worry!

5. Once finished, the updater will ask you to press X or O to reboot. You MUST do this, otherwise you'll end up with a brick.

6. You've successfully installed 4.01 M33!

Upgrading to 4.01 M33-2

After installing 4.01 M33, it is recommended to apply the latest update for additional bug fixes and related firmware improvements. Below is a quick three step walkthrough on how to manually update the firmware. Please note that you must have already installed 4.01 M33, as detailed above, in order to begin this process.

1. Download the 4.01 M33-2 update files and extract the archive.

2. Copy the UPDATE folder contained in the archive to X:/PSP/GAME, where X is the letter of your memory stick drive. If asked to overwrite any files, do so.

3. Navigate to the Game menu on the PSP and execute the 4.01 M33-2 update program. Then follow the on-screen instructions to update your firmware.

with your guide here, MINE is mine is psp slim 3.71 m33-4, can i just go straight ahead to 4.01m33 ?? or should i go to step by step , go to 3.80 after that 3.90 then to 4.01?

before i proceedd :) . thanks in advance

jc_twentythree

Sorted it now.

It was cause I had the wrong kernel selected. Changed it to the firmware i was running, and it upgraded straight away :) Doh, sometimes the most obvious things don't appear obvious at the time :D

how do i do this. i think this is also my problem. it sits on "please wait"...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
how do i do this. i think this is also my problem. it sits on "please wait"...

No, that's not the same problem. Try formatting your memory stick and re-downloading the 401.PBP file.

Tom70111

HELP!!!!! i have done all the instructions but when i start the update from the games menu it says "The game could not be started. (80020148)" wat should i do??!! HELP ME!!!!! PLZ!