• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Internet connection help!

DonovanP

Hi there.

Okay my PSP will connect with my pc via WiFi but when I try to browse of play online games it gives me a error message.Something about server did not respond or something.

Running 4.01M33-2 on my PSP.

Help me please.

DarkZero

What i do is Unplug my router and modem for like 20 secdecond when i get dns errors

macki

usually if your router isn't configured properly, it produces that error.. try to update manually.. that might do the trick...

XsavioR

The internet browser and search don't work.Some DNS error!

you need to restore to default settings. This sounds like the old DG bug where you had to restore default settings to rewrite your psp's pierphriels codes to get working.

Once you restore default settings , try again. Lets try the easy stuff b4 we go into the router. You will probably find it doesnt work dont be upset just come back and post.

PS a few questions so i can help you.

How old are you, if your really young is there some one who can help u there.
Do you understand router setup
What kind of router do you have

Raymond_N

It looks like your not getting the proper DNS information from your router, you can try manually setting the DNS Server. Under System go to Network Setting and create a new connection after you choose your SSID and your security Settings you'll find yourself at Address Settings. Choose Custom, then under IP Address Setting choose Manual. This is where it can get complicated, I will assume your using windows. Got to Start menu, click on Run. Type cmd in the box and hit OK. then type ipconfig. this will give you the information for setting up your PSP. Your IP should be different for each device so if your Computer is 192.168.1.2 make your PSP 192.168.1.50. The Subnet and Default Router Should be the same (Default Router is the Default Gateway on Windows) For your Primary DNS type in 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 for the secondary DNS. On the next screen go next with Do Not use. Under Internet Browser Highlight Start and go next. Keep going next till its finished.

DonovanP

I did the system restore on the PSP and it did not work.

I'm 25 and know how to setup the router.I'm from south africa and use a Telkom ADSL 5102G router.

I will try the manual setup now.Will post in a sec!

XsavioR

I have a feeling some one pretty good set up his router, its got protection on the wan and will need to be set up.

Awesome , yeah what he told you is how to set up the psp side.

What your probably going to want to do is disable all wep wap protection and have an unsecured broadcasted ssid, on the router.

Connect the psp to the router via settings as he said above . test that the psp works if so continue.

Go into the router find option for mac address filter, it will have a check box to dictate you are allowing the mac addresses listed .

from your router config get the 2 mac addresses from the network monitor, and add them to the mac filter as allowed. one will be the psp, one will probably be your pc, there can be more depending on how many things you have in your house that use wifi.

turn back on any security you have now, you shouldnt ever have any problems.

DonovanP

Okay I did the ipconfig/all and entered everything from the PC.Still not working.Also 100% signal and the internet connection failed.

XsavioR

one of two things...

A. you input the wrong ip to connect to

B. router still has wep security enabled and will not communicate with the psp.

My guess is B