• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Custom Firmware 4.01 M33

Acerthief

NEED GUIDE TO UPGRADE CUSTOM FIRMWARE 4.01
HII... i have slim PSP with custom firmware 3.70 M33-2 and wanna upgrade with 4.10 , anyone can help me plss...? my PSP was unlocked by my friend and i dont know how to upgrade it , do i need pandora batterey ? can i go straight to 4.10 ? or have to install 3.80 , 3,90 first ? i have read some topic regarding uograding and downgrading here and on pspiso but still have some doubts , tyvm for replay

Just follow the 4.01M33 easy install guide in the FAQ and guides Section and you're fine.

agoenk101

NEED HELP FOR PSX GAME ...!!

I JUST INSTALLED CUSTOM FIRMWARE 4.10 M33-2 ON MY PSP , I HAVE TRIED TO PLAY PSX GAME BUT DIDNT WORK , ANYONE CAN HELP ME PLS , DO I NEED POPSLOADER TO PLAY PSX GAME ? IF YES WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD THT FILE ? TYVM

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
NEED HELP FOR PSX GAME ...!!

I JUST INSTALLED CUSTOM FIRMWARE 4.10 M33-2 ON MY PSP , I HAVE TRIED TO PLAY PSX GAME BUT DIDNT WORK , ANYONE CAN HELP ME PLS , DO I NEED POPSLOADER TO PLAY PSX GAME ? IF YES WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD THT FILE ? TYVM

There is no need to install popsloader to play PSone games. Further more, a 4.01 M33 compatible build of popsloader does not even exist yet. It's possible that the game you are trying to play is corrupted, or it simply does not work, as not all games work with the emulator.

shares5

Ummmm ok here goes...
im new to this so dont give me a hard time..
i have put the psp update in my GAME folder and i have opened it on my psp but all it says is
"The game could not be started.
(80020148 )"
could somebody tell me why...

oh and btw my psp firmware is 3.95 and its a psp slim

email me at stesar@hotmail.co.uk :)

Loro

Update to FW 4.01 M33

Hi everyone =D
first I want to thank Dark AleX for this new release =D

But I have a question. I have Firmware 3.90 installed on my PSP an I want to update to Custom Firmware 3.90 M33 to access the Recovery Mode.
For some reason, whenever I try to start the Updater on my PSP, it says that the 'game' couldn't be started (Error 80020148 ) ... =X

Will I have to downgrade my PSP first or might where be any other problem ?

Guess I have the same problem as shares5 ...
But thanks a lot in advane for any advise =P

Celsius_ZX

hi I want to know something, recently I have bought a psp fat already with the updated 4.01 m33-2 but i have a problem with the psx games, when I try to run the game, it only gets de wallpaper screen and anything else xD, so it maybe posible that is not being installed correctly the update or something else? the question is, if thats the case, can i do the instalation again to 4.01 m33 and then the update without having any trouble or i have to do something else for it to work correctly? if someone can help i'll be very grateful :D

bakemono1526

PSP Addict!
Hello There.. I want to update my PSP Slim to 4.01m33-2 but i want to know that 4.01m33-2 support ISO/CSO file especially for GAMES? thank you..
I Will Highly Appreciate any reply..
Thanks...

sysopx2

Hi! I just bought a psp yesterday, made a pandora, installed CFW 3.7 m33 something.

Today I tried to update the fw to 4.01, and I had the exact same issues like someone else had in here, can't remember the page though. But here's the output, after i launch the update, i see the logo, then black screen, and finally im back to my psp screen "cant start game bla bla 80080" something.

I take it we cant update from CFW 3.7 - 4.01 directly?

Thank You

sysopx2

<p>HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP</p>
<p>I just got my first psp and i updated to firmware 4.01 and when i try to install custom firmware 4.01 M33 (i put it in the right directory just like instructed) i get an error that says THE GAME COULD NOT BE STARTED. (80020148)</p>
<p>What am i doing wrong?</p>

same issue here runnig cfw 3.7 m33

sysopx2

@ sysopx2:

did you upgrade to CFW 4.01 m33 or Sony's OFW 4.01?

try going to Recovery Menu (Shut Down PSP then Hold Rtrigger then Power On)

under Recovery Menu go to Configuration then change UMD Driver to M33 Driver or Sony NP9660

Hey man, I solved the issue, i had a faulty memstick, nothing a good old format wont solve :)

Thanks for trying to help me though :biggrin:

hobocecil

i have a huge question...

i have 2 psp

both PHAT (PSP-1000)

1 was 3.90 m33-2...1 was 1.5

did the 1.5 to 4.01 ( then M33 suposed )

i had the files n everything correct ( for sure cuz i double checked for 2 hours+ )

then i took the 3.90 m33-2 and upgrade it to 4.01 > 4.01 M33 > 4.01 M33-2 worked perfectly...

i formated both cards...tried to format cards on the m33 machine so i can get the extra files that normal machines dont get...did everything over n over...the m33 upgrade file just wont work on the 1.5 machine ( 2nd machine ) that i have...i need help please please please

both phat
1 could be upgraded...1 couldnt be...tried everything....teach me how to downgrade or something XO

jenosyde

Okay, at the risk of sounding green as hell.... I have a slim running official sony firmware 4.05.... I have a pandora battery and mem stick which I used to install 3.60 m33 on the old slim i bought when they first came out.... can I install 3.60 m33 on 4.05 official and then of course upgrade to 4.01 m33?

corielyn

<p>please help me..</p>
<p>when i download the 4.01 firmware
i can't extract the winrar archive
it says file unknown or damage...
what should i do?</p>

biro

The one behind second 5.03 exploit
redownload and check that you are using WINrar not WINzip

sabit

<p>i hav psp slim with firmware 3.95ofw. how should i change it to 4.01 cfw i am totally pissed of over here plese help me because i can't afford for a pandora battery either magic stick plz help me!!!!
you can mail me at: sabit_rockz@yahoo.com</p>