• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Custom Firmware 4.01 M33

Anndy

How To Update 4.01 To 4.01 M33?

I Have An Black Fat (Brick) PSP And I Want To Get Version 4.01 M33 On My Play Station Portable :mellow: . I Have Placed All The Files And Done :smile: All The Steps Correctly, But When I Try To Install It, It Comes Up With This Error :crying: 'This game could not be started (80020148)' I Need An Answer ASAP!..
When I Get This Working I Want To Downgrade it. So I Can Download Games Off The Net And Download App. But If I Dont Get This Working Then I Have No Chance. Some1 Help Me Please.
ASAP ! :crying:

All I Want To Do Is Get This Working.
Just 4.01 m33 To Update On My PSP !

From Anndy

Juan Regular

Is it normal, that the "sony" update to 4.01 M33 stops at 99%, then goes back to 84% and does it all over again? Cause that's happening to my psp right now.

richardsonrich

Can someone help me? I'm running 4.01m33-2. I have a 8gb memory stick, but if I pack more than four GB, all my data gets corrupted. Wasn't this probably supposed to be solved in 2.8?? Any suggestions?

richardsonrich

Will a normal psp game still work if custom firmware is being used?
Yes, normal PSP games will work no problem.

Now if only someone will answer my question...
I'm running 4.01 M33-2 with a 1.5 kernel as well, but It won't read more than 4GB of my 8GB memory stick! Suggestions? PLEASE!

ProD1952

I have the same problem as i've read a few users had before with my psp's update failing at 92% always. This has been reported numerous times on other forums as well and im wondering if any solution has been found yet?

Instead of network updating mine through wifi I just downloaded the custom fw files and official 4.0 through the sony webpage. Cleaned my keys as well and am using a sandisc 1gig as my magicstick/ updating device. I had problems updating to 3.90 as well before and believe that I may have hardware issues because of it.

Also im using a Fat psp version 1001 with a TA-079/81 Motherboard, "not sure if that helps at all but may identify a possible problem if other users with the same hardware come across the same errors"

The only possible solution ive come across is to wait for a upms/ pandora bat to be able to upgrade straight from brick to 4.01 : /

**EDIT**

Also does the same for 3.95

kooldude16

Error while trying to upgrade to 4.01 m33-2

Hi,

I have upgraded from 3.90 m33-3 to 4.01 m33. Now when i want to upgrade it to 4.01 m33-2, i am getting an error.

"The game could not be started (80020148)" is the error i can see.

And also i am not unable to play game. It says, "There are no games available"

Please help me.

Thanks,
Kooldude16 :confused1:

richardsonrich

Hi,

I have upgraded from 3.90 m33-3 to 4.01 m33. Now when i want to upgrade it to 4.01 m33-2, i am getting an error.

"The game could not be started (80020148)" is the error i can see.

And also i am not unable to play game. It says, "There are no games available"

Please help me.

Thanks,
Kooldude16 :confused1:

I'm no expert, but I have a few suggestions. First would be to open the recovery menu (Hold R [or is it L and R?] while booting your psp, go to the configuration settings, and make sure that the Game folder Homebrew is set as the 3.XX kernal. Second would be to make sure that the Update folder is in the ms/psp/game folder, and not the game 3.XX folder. Not sure if this will help at all... like I said, I'm no expert.

As for your games not running, I was wondering, are using an 8GB memory stick? Because I am having a problem with mine, so I post my problem again hoping for suggestions!

I'm running 4.01 M33-2 with a 1.5 add on, but It won't read more than 4GB of my 8GB memory stick! Suggestions? PLEASE!

torkopoulos

i just got a modded PSP with firmware 3.80 M33 on it. so I decided to update via network update to get this 4.01 M33 update. as you said in the first post, if you are running on 3.80 M33 or later, you can update via network update to 4.01 M33. But after I updated, I now have firmware 4.01 (no M33...) and the games that were on my memory stick don't show up....
did my PSP get unmodded or something?? can someone please help me out, is there any way to fix this? thanks

richardsonrich

i just got a modded PSP with firmware 3.80 M33 on it. so I decided to update via network update to get this 4.01 M33 update. as you said in the first post, if you are running on 3.80 M33 or later, you can update via network update to 4.01 M33. But after I updated, I now have firmware 4.01 (no M33...) and the games that were on my memory stick don't show up....
did my PSP get unmodded or something?? can someone please help me out, is there any way to fix this? thanks

ok. You did "unmod" your psp. You weren't supposed to do a network update from the psp menu. What you needed to do isn't important anymore, but basically, you needed to download the 4.01 m33 update app, and run it on your psp, which would then download via the network within the program. Like I said, it's not important now.

To fix it, you will need a friend with a psp running custom firmware who is willing to help you. Instructions on what to do are here http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=6832

dante90

HELP =(

Well... hello :p... im trying to upgrade my psp from 3.90 m33-3 to 4.01 m33... so i folow the steps you gave me, and when i put it to run and start to check de file 401.pbp, its said: "incorrect file" and the process completly stop....... so please can u tell what to do, cause im doing all well and nothing happend :sad::crying:

Thanks a lot :wink:

darren_pyet

ei hi there i downloaded that 4.01m33 but it resulted as isolated file......and it doesn't work its currupted ....its file is 4.01m33.rar

kooldude16

I'm no expert, but I have a few suggestions. First would be to open the recovery menu (Hold R [or is it L and R?] while booting your psp, go to the configuration settings, and make sure that the Game folder Homebrew is set as the 3.XX kernal. Second would be to make sure that the Update folder is in the ms/psp/game folder, and not the game 3.XX folder. Not sure if this will help at all... like I said, I'm no expert.

As for your games not running, I was wondering, are using an 8GB memory stick? Because I am having a problem with mine, so I post my problem again hoping for suggestions!

I'm running 4.01 M33-2 with a 1.5 add on, but It won't read more than 4GB of my 8GB memory stick! Suggestions? PLEASE!

Hi i tried to do this, but it dint work. Any other methods...plz help

DannusMax

<p>ok if you are stuck on it saying</p>
<p>please wait.....</p>
<p>while upgrading.</p>
<p>Turn it off, press the R button. Switch from 1.50 kernel and put it on 3.52 kernel or greater. then exit and redo the update and it should start ^_^. You cannot upgrade with 3.40 oe-a. So you will need to upgrade with 3.52.</p>
<p>And no it will not brick if you turn it off when it is hanging on please wait.... (wait at least thirty seconds)</p>