• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

alright...here i go

z-nut

i ll be getting a new psp slim within the next week or so and i would like to get every thing strait to install custom firmware onto it before i get it

i ve been looking around and apparent le i will need a datel battery in order to even start.
is there any way around this. if not any advice that would help me not screw around for 5 days til i get something half decent?

Acerthief

Pandora is the only way (Magic Battery/Datel tool + magic memory stick.)

january39

eXo Staff
The TA-088 v3 is not, And most of the TA-088v2 can.

If you have a new Slim and FW4.05 is on you have a strong chance of having that MOBO, below that it is Pot Luck. TA-085v2 Can but it cannot create a Pandora.

No way of working out what MOBO you have until you have it, Whatever though you will need a Pandora & MMS for any move to CFW.

z-nut

ok, and can you hard mod the psp slim's battery right, and just a random question, will it afect my psp if i keep a hardmodded battery in it?

january39

eXo Staff
You can hard mod the slim battery. You should suffer no adverse effects from keeping the battery in pandora and using it in your psp. Word of note though you will need the TM_IPL on your MS for this to work.

z-nut

since you can only hardmod a phat psp's battery, and if i receive a TA-088 v3 motherboard model, Im basicaly going to just wait on Dark_AleX with a DC v7.

january39

eXo Staff
A phat battery can be soft modded no problem. Using a variety of Programs UPT is one, there are others.

If you have a TA-088v3 Im afraid you are right.........DC7. I can tell your that team M33 are working hard on this. Just like sony :)

z-nut

update!
got my psp slim.

i belive my mobo is a TA-088 v1 or v2

it came w/ ofw 3.95, so it's not v3.

what should I do next?

z-nut

ok.

it will work even if i have a v2?

thanks in advance.

do i need a homebrew capable psp for the pandora installer?