• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
When I insert my battery first only the power light comes on, but when I insert the magic memory stick the other lights turn on, so I'm not quite sure whats up. :confused1:
Oh yes and the memory stick I used was a pro duo sandisk (512mb)
I should also say that I also used a fat battery in a slim, but I was told that it would still work.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that you'll need to boot your PSP without the battery and have the AC adapter inserted. Then follow the magic memory stick portion of the guide again.

synyster522

Yeah, I forgot to mention that you'll need to boot your PSP without the battery and have the AC adapter inserted. Then follow the magic memory stick portion of the guide again.

Ok I'll try this and see how it works out.
Also am I right in thinking that you can still use Hellcat's Pandora Installer for 3.XX Rev 3b if your on 4.01m33-2 instead of the latest hellcat pandora installer?

Project7

What's weird, but convenient for me is the fact that I don't need to plug my PSP in the AC adaptor to normalize my Pandora Battery.
In fact, I am actually using it as a normal battery right now.
If I want to downgrade someone's PSP, I simply put it in after the Magic Memory Stick and hold my selected button (the one you set in Despertar del Cementerio) to bring up the menu where I can select
Install 4.01 M33 or Install 4.01 OFW etc etc

If I want to normalize it, I just open up Pandora Installer and choose the option.

Great!

lion9t

i want to downgrad from 4.01 m33-2 to 3.71 m33 -2 or 3.90 m33-3 ... how? what the different steps i make here ... help

B2K24

@lion9t Hellcats recovery flasher can downgrade 3.71 M33-2 for you since you already have CFW. Perhaps an older version can do 3.90 M33-3 honestly I can't remember.

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=8383

Or you could simply launch Despertar_cementerio5 to get 3.90 M33-3

burnlove

Hi,
So anyone know if I can make a Pandora out of a Sony S110U Battery (Slim batt). It doesn't appear in the "known compatible batteries" Anyone tried it?

agit2106

hi thank u
i have a question. i have unbrick 4.01 m33-2 and brick 4.00
i did everything in the end when i put ms and battery to brick psp , it didnt come up anything on the screen about "4.01 m33 install " like that.
can u tell me what i should do? or what i need

badameco

Well still confused...

First of all i begin by apollagise if i make some mistakes because i simple am not an english native speaker...

thanks to this forum i learned a lot...
however still having some doubts about the psp

Recently i bought a psp already with version 4.1 m33 to my kid.
Once I know that sometimes kids (and grown ups) brick their psp... before i give it to him i wanna make a backup (narm backup right?) so that if something happens i can revert the process to the actual state.

I have been reading a lot about instaling and downgrading psp's (making pandora baterys etc etc etc) but can anyone help me how to make a "backup" and "restore" of the console into/from a ms?

Is the process the same as to downgrade it???

Do I need all this steps???

Thanks!

synyster522

Are you sure that it's possible to make a battery coversion to pandora using a fat battery in a slim, because when using the battery and memory stick i made using this guide to unbrick my original psp i've had no luck.

MugenNeS

Elite PSP/DS Gamer
Are you sure that it's possible to make a battery coversion to pandora using a fat battery in a slim, because when using the battery and memory stick i made using this guide to unbrick my original psp i've had no luck.

Just follow everything in this guide to the letter. I've tried it out and everything works just fine. I even wrote a guide on another site, but this one is WAY better.

arjae_sj

hi! i'm a newbie here. i did what the instruction told me to. I have a 3.80 m33-5 Phat used for pandorizing the memstick and the phat battery (1800mAh). all went well but when i stuch the magic memstick and the pandora bat to the 3.60 (australian version) PSP slim, it doesn't seem to work. I pressed UP for the DCV7 menu and it keeps on booting on the PSP XMB. What to do? please help!!!! Thanks!

cloney

i seem to have a wee problem with DC7 i cant get a freinds psp to work with it . Its a TA 86 .. Tachyon 0x00400000 Baryon 0x00121000 pommel 0x00000112 its on OFW 3.90

it wont update with DC7 just bricks can recover with a nand restore ofc

tried formating the flash dosnt seem to help

can use the soe updater okay and can update to 4.05 OFW

but even the DC7 OFW option bricks it

ohh and before u ask yes the DC7 install is okay
any ideas

sorted
it used DC 4 forced it to 3.80 m33 ( got a psar excract error) ran and installed the 3.80 ofw it installed okay as did the 3.80 m33 when i reran it then used the online updater to 4.01 m33

it worked .. hope this helps anyone else with the same problems