• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

4.01 M33 Easy Installation Guide

tavrez

i tried to update two slim psp (TA-088) from CFW 3.80 M33-5.
i copied the file into one of them and updated it successfully.
but when i copied the file into another one and execute it, it says "verifying 401.PBP.... incorrect file" i copied the file on it again but it's not work!!
why it work only in one of them?! what should i do?

chicknician

after installing the 401 m33

the unit didn\t restart though x is pressed...

then its bricked....

any solution without the pandora????

Luffy Sama

what if I go to network update and download the file will it work and keep the ver still m33
cause the file in game is PSP Update ver 4.01 and on the image it's like recycle arrows and a M33-2 on the left down corner

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
what if I go to network update and download the file will it work and keep the ver still m33
cause the file in game is PSP Update ver 4.01 and on the image it's like recycle arrows and a M33-2 on the left down corner

If the icon says M33 then yeah it will work.

B3ST

Hello friends, i would like to ask some help in a question. I try to run the update in my PSP, with the version 3.95, but it shows a phrase saying "Couldn't run the game", i have done like you said in page 1, but it doesn't work...Can you help me?

Thank you

tavrez

Hello friends, i would like to ask some help in a question. I try to run the update in my PSP, with the version 3.95, but it shows a phrase saying "Couldn't run the game", i have done like you said in page 1, but it doesn't work...Can you help me?

Thank you

you must have a psp that running custom firmware 3.52M33-3 or newer than to run this.

january39

eXo Staff
Read one of the guides, You will need a pandora and more than likely DC7

A little research goes a long way.

PSPNoob

Hi,

I just bought my PSP (Slim).
I am running 3.71 M33-2 but was not able to run any .cso or .iso games on memory stick eventhough the games i downloaded were stated to be tested to work with 3.71 M33-2. So decide to upgrade it and found this thread.
From the guide I should be able to upgrade to 4.01 M33-2 without any issue, however i am encountering a problem.

I followed the instruction by downloading all 3 files (4.01 M33, 4.01 PBP and 4.01 M33-2)
I extracted all files, copy the UPDATE folder from 4.01 M33 along with 4.01 PBP in it into my PSP \PSP\GAME folder.
Then i run the 4.01 upgrade on my games menu. It shows unpacking...ok, please wait... then my PSP just turned off itself. I reboot my PSP, USB connected it and found that the files had actually been unpacked, I then try to run the upgrade again, this time it shows unpacking...ok, please wait... and my screen turns black and hangs.
I reboot again and rerun the upgrade, this time it shows unpacking...ok, please wait..., verifying 4.01 PBP...incorrect file and auto reboot my PSP.

I tried reformatting my memory stick and also redownload all the files, redo all the steps from the guide, still stuck at where i am now.

Kindly help as my 3.71 M33-2 does not seems to be able to play any .cso and .iso games i downloaded so far (all gives me the game unable to start... error)

Thanks in advance.

tavrez

Hi,

I just bought my PSP (Slim).
I am running 3.71 M33-2 but was not able to run any .cso or .iso games on memory stick eventhough the games i downloaded were stated to be tested to work with 3.71 M33-2. So decide to upgrade it and found this thread.
From the guide I should be able to upgrade to 4.01 M33-2 without any issue, however i am encountering a problem.

I followed the instruction by downloading all 3 files (4.01 M33, 4.01 PBP and 4.01 M33-2)
I extracted all files, copy the UPDATE folder from 4.01 M33 along with 4.01 PBP in it into my PSP \PSP\GAME folder.
Then i run the 4.01 upgrade on my games menu. It shows unpacking...ok, please wait... then my PSP just turned off itself. I reboot my PSP, USB connected it and found that the files had actually been unpacked, I then try to run the upgrade again, this time it shows unpacking...ok, please wait... and my screen turns black and hangs.
I reboot again and rerun the upgrade, this time it shows unpacking...ok, please wait..., verifying 4.01 PBP...incorrect file and auto reboot my PSP.

I tried reformatting my memory stick and also redownload all the files, redo all the steps from the guide, still stuck at where i am now.

Kindly help as my 3.71 M33-2 does not seems to be able to play any .cso and .iso games i downloaded so far (all gives me the game unable to start... error)

Thanks in advance.

at first, don't try to write about downloaded games and anything that is illegal, you might face a ban! check here

i think you changed the UMD ISO Mode in VSH menu, goto your VSH menu(by pressing start or select in XMB) and change umd iso mode to m33 driver, it may fix your problem about running games.

i have the same problem you have in updating a psp to 4.01M33 , i recommend to use a pandora battery. check this thread

andrewwan1980

Because dark alex site is down/offline, just wondering if you got a mirrored copy of the 1.50 addon patch for 4.01M33-2?

I know Dark Alex has been releasing 1.50 addon patches seperate to the main CFW M33 releases, and he has a different 1.50 addon version that corresponds to each new CFW release.

The last I got was 1.50 addon for 3.90M33-3

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Because dark alex site is down/offline, just wondering if you got a mirrored copy of the 1.50 addon patch for 4.01M33-2?

I know Dark Alex has been releasing 1.50 addon patches seperate to the main CFW M33 releases, and he has a different 1.50 addon version that corresponds to each new CFW release.

The last I got was 1.50 addon for 3.90M33-3

The 1.50 kernel add-on for 4.01 M33 can be found in this thread:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=7674

chekahyuen

hi guys..
just bought my psp today..
and now i m currently using 3.90 m33-3. can i just upgrade to 4.01 m33-2 without upgrade to 4.01 m33 ??
well.. reading so much problems had occurred when try to upgrade to 4.01 m33-2.. i m little bit scare that my psp will turn into a brick..