• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Update: PSP Firmware 5.01 Out Now

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
2936463139_4d50b33b50.jpg

Update: Firmware 5.01 for PSP is now available through Network Update. As usual, we have included a download link below for those who wish to install the update manually.

Sony PlayStation Network director Eric Lempel has announced that PSP firmware 5.01 is due out for release shortly. As indicated by the version increment, this will be a minor update, addressing an issue related to Memory Sticks PRO Duo cards over 8GB in size. The issue in question resulted in an out of space notification at times while downloading content from the PlayStation Store, even if enough space was available.

Download PSP Firmware 5.01

PSP (PlayStation Portable) v5.01 Update [PS Blog]

icedman204

<p>I got a question, who will actually use the PSP store? Besides the small amount of people that will (i mean kids wont use it, and not many adults are interested in the PSP) Unless there are alot of free third party demos on the store i dont see myself using it to try new games before I buy.</p>
<p>for prople saying too bad for CFW, the 8GB and up issue is only on the PSP Store not on homebrew.</p>

PR0fessor Burnt

<p>I got a question, who will actually use the PSP store? Besides the small amount of people that will (i mean kids wont use it, and not many adults are interested in the PSP) Unless there are alot of free third party demos on the store i dont see myself using it to try new games before I buy.</p>
<p>for prople saying too bad for CFW, the 8GB and up issue is only on the PSP Store not on homebrew.</p>

i used it got 1 theme beat all the demos and now i dont use it

Fred Smith

So is the memory stick fix included in the M33-3? In other words, did the M33-3 update replace a file which includes the fix?

Thanks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So is the memory stick fix included in the M33-3? In other words, did the M33-3 update replace a file which includes the fix?

Thanks

No, because that bug was fixed by Sony. You'll need to extract the 5.01 firmware using the latest version of PSARDumper and replace the system file "npinstaller_plugin.prx."

tenlitros

<p>hi! i had just updated my psp into the 5.01 version but i can no longer play any game i recently had. can someone help me with this?</p>

january39

eXo Staff
You have updated to OFW. Bad luck

mortalinstincts

eXophase Staff
You just posted 4 times...

use your UMDs to play games until you can get hold of a Pandora and MMS to install Custom Firmware...

OFW stand for Original Firmware...