• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Modding PSP-3001

t3hb4tman

I was just wondering if modding the PSP-3001 is possible at the moment, and if so, could anyone please help me out on what I need to get started?

Thanks.

J

jx233

If you have a PSP-3000 with Version 4.20, it has a libTiff bug which could lead to an exploit. On Version 4.21, Version 5.00, Version 5.01, and Version 5.02, there is the Gripshift Exploit to load a small amount of homebrew.

The Pandora Battery + MagicStick method for custom firmware doesn't work yet on a PSP-3000.

Also, a good fact to know is that the lower your Version is, there are more exploits that work on it. :smile:

mortalinstincts

eXophase Staff
If you have a PSP-3000 with Version 4.20, it has a libTiff bug which could lead to an exploit.

Are you talking about the one discovered and being worked on by wololo?

Because if your talking about that, consider it almost dead...

To quote:
Wololo said:
Well there are two issues:
1) from a thread "A" I can jump to an arbitrary address in RAM, but I have nowhere to put some code to execute in a reliable way
2) The thread that does the image decoding (thread "B") crashes because the buffer underflow continues until it tries to write to an invalid location in RAM. And when one thread crashes, the whole PSP crashes.

I should post an update on all this at lan.st, but since I didn't get much help 1 month ago, I don't see why I would get anymore help now.
Oh, and this is valid only up to firmware 4.20. The vulnerability that's left in firmwares beyond 4.20 is waaaay too small to be used at all.

http://www.dark-alex.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=10671&start=10