• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Accidentally upgraded to Sony Official Firmware v5.5

vali

I need help. I gave my nephew my PSP with CFW v3.80 M33 a about 3-4 months ago. I told him not try to update any firmware, and that the PSP is running fine with the games that were on the MS. This fool goes and downloads the ROCK BAND unplugged and moves it to the MS. The game would not start, it gave some kind of error saying no games on MS or something. So he then updated the firmware to SONY Official Firmware 5.50. Now he can't play any games that are on the MS. I can't even access the RECOVERY mode. It's like its a regular PSP now, it plays the UMD's fine, just no iso/cso playage. I need some help to downgrade this PSP or something. Any help please.

Motherboard is a TA-082, if this helps. Official Sony 1GB MS and SanDisk 4GB MS

Blaze_Fire

Hmm.. HEN won't work, so maybe try a downgrader?

Try PSPGrader v008, it's a good program and may work.

vali

Will try

Hmm.. HEN won't work, so maybe try a downgrader?

Try PSPGrader v008, it's a good program and may work.

>
Thanks for the quick response. I will Google and that out. Ty again...
>
Just downloaded and started PSPgrader prgrm, I read the how-to and it says something about creating a pandora battery? More help please.

Alex

once you convert your bat, you wont be able to use it as a regular battery :)

dennis96411

Actually... You can, you just gotta install the TimeMachine IPL.

vali

?

once you convert your bat, you wont be able to use it as a regular battery :)
>
On YOur tutorial:

"If your on OFW its going to be a lot more trickier.

you can either see if one your mates have a psp with CFW and do the above

or you will have to either hard mod one which requires opening the battery (this will not be covered in this tutorial)"

...........I use to have CFW on it, but my nephew upgraded to OFW 5.5 , does this mean I still have to open the battery to have it pandorised?

january39

eXo Staff
>
On YOur tutorial:

"If your on OFW its going to be a lot more trickier.

you can either see if one your mates have a psp with CFW and do the above

or you will have to either hard mod one which requires opening the battery (this will not be covered in this tutorial)"

...........I use to have CFW on it, but my nephew upgraded to OFW 5.5 , does this mean I still have to open the battery to have it pandorised?

If you are on FW 5.50, i am afraid so.

the other alternative chickHEN only works on FW5.03.

Alex

yes, or you could buy one, datel tool battery is one.

vali

TY

If you are on FW 5.50, i am afraid so.

the other alternative chickHEN only works on FW5.03.

yes, or you could buy one, datel tool battery is one.

>:smile:
TY both for your help. I will do a search to find the best prices and to make sure I don't ripped for my money. If you guys got any other help or if I am missing some thing please inform me.

Thanks again.