• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Anyone get MW2?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Playing it on PC right now. Haven't tried multi, but the SP is for sure awesome. Screenshot, everything maxed at 4XAA:

Attachments

• cod6mw2.jpg
    cod6mw2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 89

angelsniper45

lucky bastard! i was going to preorder it on steam but i chose l4d2. guess ill have to wait for a price drop. Did you get the prestige edition? those nvgs look sweet man! and they work!!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Finished SP. It was full of wow moments but the end left me saying 'this is it?' Took me about four hours to complete. I don't remember how long CoD 4 took but it was definitely lengthier. Oh well. Game length aside, it was an awesome experience while it lasted. Probably won't get much replay from me unless IW changes its mind on the dedicated server bit though.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
can someone explain to me what the eff is all this fuss about dedicated servers 'n shit?

Basically Activision took away dedicated servers so you can't choose what server you play on...which means that you can't choose the servers with the best connection and that the servers are hosted on peoples computers. That can be a problem since it's quite rare for anyone here to have a good upload speed which will result in awful lag.

Also, it means you can't play any mods either.

Personally I've found no issues with it yet...played for a while last night and it worked ok I thought. Played exactly as it would of done on xbox live.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
maybe they're doing it like l4d?

The online system is like L4D but severely crippled. Even on servers you aren't admin of L4D allows you to vote kick players. There's no such option in MW2. Also L4D uses dedicated servers, if it can find any, before starting a game. In MW2 the only choice is to use your connection to host a game.

angelsniper45

I just got it. FREAKIN AWSOME!! Im up to the part right after america gets invaded and the SAS are back in rio de janaro.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I just got it. FREAKIN AWSOME!! Im up to the part right after america gets invaded and the SAS are back in rio de janaro.

I wasn't aware the SAS were in the game, I thought it was Task Force 141 and the US Rangers... :p

JustPie

sorry guys, i am not at all impressed with the game. To be fair, i haven't beat it yet. I just got past the oil rig level and i am already really bored. COD4 had a lot of creative missions and thats what made it awesome ( sniper level ). As for mw2, i feel its lacking a lot of depth and a lot of missions feel like repeats of missions in COD4. Also, i can no longer lean wtf!?

angelsniper45

I wasn't aware the SAS were in the game, I thought it was Task Force 141 and the US Rangers... :p

:p well soap is still in the game so i guess either way is fine:laugh:

MenaceInc

Staff Member
sorry guys, i am not at all impressed with the game. To be fair, i haven't beat it yet. I just got past the oil rig level and i am already really bored. COD4 had a lot of creative missions and thats what made it awesome ( sniper level ). As for mw2, i feel its lacking a lot of depth and a lot of missions feel like repeats of missions in COD4. Also, i can no longer lean wtf!?

It's not "balanced for lean". xD
That was from a live chat with two of the dev's at IW.
Chatlog here

:p well soap is still in the game so i guess either way is fine:laugh:
Soap is captain of Task force 141
He was transferred sometime in the five years between MW1 and MW2

MenaceInc

Staff Member
update: just beat it on veteran today. I am still pretty let down with the game. The best part IMO was how they added in the icepick's in the first mission.

Don't you mean 2nd? :p

It is a good game, pity about the Multiplayer though.
It's pretty dam obvious as well that it was majorly focused on console gamers.

angelsniper45

Don't you mean 2nd? :p

It is a good game, pity about the Multiplayer though.
It's pretty dam obvious as well that it was majorly focused on console gamers.

which is why i bought it for my 360 instead of off of steam xD

Darkchild

The Doctor
no offense guys, but I'm going to avoid this thread to avoid spoilers untill the game finishes downloading...

angelsniper45

no offense guys, but I'm going to avoid this thread to avoid spoilers untill the game finishes downloading...

theres no spoilers. were just explaining how good the game is.