• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Dark_AleX releases 3.40 OE-A and 3.30 OE-A2

TimTiger

Way to addicted to games.
where the hell did all those n00bz come from!!!???!!! :mad1: aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

HeLPz mEh N33dz A Dg!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You know, having only two posts on this site doesnt look all that good for your sake. Be nice to them.

suleimandb

recovery mode - configuration

ok i have a problem with my recovery mode in my custom firmware 3.40 oe-a for some reason i try to go to configuration and the screen stays pink with no options ( like it used to ) and the psp freezes and shuts off. i recovered back to 1.50 and reinstall 3.40 oe-a and the option under recovery mode-configuration still freezes and psp shuts down. i can still go back to 1.50 as i please but i really want the custom firmware with the recovery mode to work properly PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

I have the same problem. Downgrading to 3.30OE-A does not resolve the problem. Please Help!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

dennis96411

So does this means I need to wait for a downgrader?

So I can't do it?Can Dark Alex make a downgrader for 3.40 soon?I'll wait for him and stay on 3.40 even if I have to wait for two month!!Dark Alex please help me!!!I really want a psp radio on my psp,and I want homebrew softwares too!!And games!!I really wanted custom firmware!!!:crying: Please help me Dark Alex!!:sad: :crying:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So I can't do it?Can Dark Alex make a downgrader for 3.40 soon?I'll wait for him and stay on 3.40 even if I have to wait for two month!!Dark Alex please help me!!!I really want a psp radio on my psp,and I want homebrew softwares too!!And games!!I really wanted custom firmware!!!:crying: Please help me Dark Alex!!:sad: :crying:

This is the third post where I've seen you asking for a downgrader. Stop asking, there is no downgrader currently being worked on but if / when there is you will know about it.

sagittarius_mel

What's needed?

Hello I'm new in all of this homebrew stuff. I have the original 3.40 version for psp (because I didn't know homebrew existed when I updated, now I want to shoot at myself!!!) but anyway. I wanted to know if I can change my 3.40 version to Dark Alex 3.40 OE version. Which firmware do I need to be able to change to 3.40 OE??? And another thing... With 3.40 OE I can install homebrew just as previous firmwares like 2.70? Which is the best Firmware for installing homebrew? 1.50? Can I do something to downgrade my version? I'm sorry for all the questions, but I really don't know much about this. I was hoping someone could explain to me. Thanks in advance to everyone who read this.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi
i've got 3.40OE installed, is it just my psp or does the location free player not work ?
DAX is the man !!!

that's correct, the location free player was removed to save space on the flash.

sagittarius_mel: no you cannot downgrade, and probably not anytime soon. and yeah 3.40 OE gives you all the benefits of previous firmware versions.

dennis96411

Software request

Can you give me a software that could run on psp official firmware?

Krelian

Not much...

There is no homebrew that can run on Sony firmware 3.10 and higher...
The only software you can really get are demos from Sony and such.

chzxmnky

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and new to PSP stuffs. I bought a 2.60 firmware PSP from my friend, updated to 2.80, downgraded to 1.5, and now it's up to 3.40 OE-A. I've tried several games, and it seems only a few of them work. I've read around that some games need a UMD game inside of the PSP in order to function, with "Use NO-UMD" set to "Disabled." Would this solve my problems? One game that doesn't work is Burnout Dominator. I've tried every combination of settings in the Recovery Mode screen. Should I get a UMD game and try it with that?

Thanks a lot.

protomind

3.02 OE-A will not upgrade to 3.40 oe-a

Every time I follow the instruction exactly, when I go to update in the game150 folder the damn thing just shuts off. Simple as that. it is below in step 3 I have problems. The problem is that it flat out turns off. Starts right back up again, but does not update or create this 'data.dxar', at least not anywhere I can find. Any ideas?

3. Place these 2 updates in the oeupdmaker folder and ensure they are named exactly like this 150.PBP and 340.PBP. Now navigate to the game menu on your PSP and execute the update maker. It will take a few minutes to create the file, once finished a DATA.DXAR will be found in the oeupdmaker folder.

Also worth noting is that when I try step three and click on '3.40 OE-A", the file below it is listed as being 'corrupted data'
and it is strangly 35 megs in size, but if I look in the PSP through windows the only files in the folder (game150 folder) are the 150.pbp and 340pbp, and they are about 35 megs in size total.

Zetanor

I'm on 3.03 OE-C and I can't seem to be able to run it. In fact, I can't run anything besides Playstation One(1) games. Help? Thanks.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Every time I follow the instruction exactly, when I go to update in the game150 folder the damn thing just shuts off. Simple as that. it is below in step 3 I have problems. The problem is that it flat out turns off. Starts right back up again, but does not update or create this 'data.dxar', at least not anywhere I can find. Any ideas?

Also worth noting is that when I try step three and click on '3.40 OE-A", the file below it is listed as being 'corrupted data'
and it is strangly 35 megs in size, but if I look in the PSP through windows the only files in the folder (game150 folder) are the 150.pbp and 340pbp, and they are about 35 megs in size total.

that's normal, because the corrupt data is the non-% folder and contains the two PBP files.

If the DXAR is not being created it's definitely a problem with your memory stick.. have you tried formatting it?

protomind

Hmmmm, so I am the dummy here tonight. I was/am/are so tired that I did not change eboot.pbp to 340.pbp, I think the fact that the 1.50 was already named properly threw me off =), past step three and now moving to next ones =)
Thanks to all who have worked on these awesome mods BTW.

UPDATE, it installed just fine. Another question/s though......
Do I have to worry about accidental/auto firmware updates when connecting to the internet? If so, is there a setting I need to change? I basically do not want some unwanted sony firmware update.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hmmmm, so I am the dummy here tonight. I was/am/are so tired that I did not change eboot.pbp to 340.pbp, I think the fact that the 1.50 was already named properly threw me off =), past step three and now moving to next ones =)
Thanks to all who have worked on these awesome mods BTW.

UPDATE, it installed just fine. Another question/s though......
Do I have to worry about accidental/auto firmware updates when connecting to the internet? If so, is there a setting I need to change? I basically do not want some unwanted sony firmware update.

no, installing the Sony FW is impossible via normal means with OE. even if you try to run network update, nothing will happen. You'd have to manually start the update through recovery mode.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
how comes language setting of korean doesnt work.
could be a cause of virginia tech shooting? *gasp*

no, it's disabled because the 1.5 kernel doesn't understand the Korean font set (OE is a mix of 3.x and 1.5 kernel).

dennis96411

Do they have other custom firmware?

Do they have other custom firmware that could play homebrew and could run on any sony psp version?:huh:
Maybe somebody could make a homebrew enabler for any sony psp version.:glare:
I just really wanted to run some homebrew on my psp.