• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A Install Guide

Roe

I came from 303OE-c, and follow the installation guide. after two or three wrong orations :blushing: I got it.:biggrin: It has been my first PSP upgrade....
By the way, I've seen new options in the home the menu. More features? I suppose there is a thread.... thanks for your answer in any case.
What are you asking?

dennis96411

Please Help Me!!

Somebody please help me!!
I have PSP firmware version 3.40 official from Sony,and I do the exact same thing as the instructions to install 3.40 OE-A.
I put the 340oeflasher and the 340oeflasher% folder in the ms0/PSP/GAME.I've got these by the easy installer,not my PSP,my PSP don't work a crap!!
Here's something it only works:One EBOOT.PBP files only game,one EBOOT.PBP and some DRM file will work too.But here's all the things DON'T WORK!!:pSPRadio,PSPOffice,PSPWeather,PSP Custom Firmware Installer,PSP~@~!Blah blah!@$#$&^(^$^#@@~doesn't work at all!!And all the stuff that have two folder for example:pspRadio,pspRadio%.Or __SCE__Windows Vista,__SCE__Windows Vista%.
Do I need to downgrade my PSP to firmware version 1.50?:confused1:
Do I have to wait a long time?
Could somebody tell Dark Alex to make an Custom Firmware Installer for 3.40 or newer?
Please help me!!:crying: I really wanted to get custom firmware so I can play homebrew games and softwares.
Please contact me as soon as you know how to do it.
Contact me at either one:
dennis96411@yahoo.com.cn
dennis96411@163.com
dennis96411@126.com

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

CJMoney2K7

Hi i'm a noob at this kind of stuff but my psp has a FW 2.00 so is it possible for me to run this and when you run this custom firmware can you still play the latest games and use other emulators as well such as snes, arcade, etc etc etc.???
Thnaks alot

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi i'm a noob at this kind of stuff but my psp has a FW 2.00 so is it possible for me to run this and when you run this custom firmware can you still play the latest games and use other emulators as well such as snes, arcade, etc etc etc.???
Thnaks alot

Yeah you can.

Download the 2.71 upgrade eboot here. Save the file as "EBOOT.PBP" and place it in X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

Now go to the game menu on your PSP and run the 2.71 update. Once on 2.71, follow this guide to downgrade to 1.5:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=563

davethedunce

HELP, again

ok im not really sure what my psp is running cus i havent fiddled with it (yet!) all i know is that its the regular 3.40 update that sony made, can u plz tell me what i have to do cus, ive been sitting at my computer for like 8hours withbloodshot eyes trying to figure it out

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ok im not really sure what my psp is running cus i havent fiddled with it (yet!) all i know is that its the regular 3.40 update that sony made, can u plz tell me what i have to do cus, ive been sitting at my computer for like 8hours withbloodshot eyes trying to figure it out

Go to System Settings > System Information to find out your version #

if its anything above 3.03 you cannot install 3.40 OE-A

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

TimTiger

Way to addicted to games.

pelodka

3.40 OE-A Installer for Complete Noobz

Hi, guys, I've just stumbled upon your forum, yeah, well it's great, so I've decided to contribute a bit :smile:

Allrighty, here you go 3.40 OE-A Installer for Complete Noobz :w00t:

Right... Well, as you can see the website is in Russian :huh: (winnydows.com is a great psp resource by the way :wink: ), but the installer itself is in English8)

So, all you have to do is connect your PSP to your PC and launch the installer, and then just follow on-screen instructions...

This installer is intended for the following firmware: 1.50, SE, OE.
If the installer finds the GAME150 folder on your psp mem card, the firmware installer goes there.

When the installation is complete, run Firmware Installer from your GAMES menu (your PSP must have at least 76% of battery charge left), confirm the notorious :laugh: flashing procedure with X button and after a few minutes.... enjoy 3.40 OE-A firmware :biggrin:

After the successful flashing procedure you can delete the following folders from your memcad:
PSP\GAME\RECOVERY
PSP\GAMES\340oeflasher
PSP\GAME\340oeflasher%

PS If you ever need to come back to 1.50 firmware, install the Recovery folder using this installer.

PPS I've tried it myself, don't worry....8)

PPPS Have fun:blushing:

PPPS By the way... it so happened, that I'm a bit bilingual :laugh: , so if you have any troubles understanding Russian, I'll be happy to help...

dennis96411

Easy answer

Maybe I can be a little helper.
You don't need to pass all that crap!Just go to google and search for Easy installer for ****(oe version)oe a or b or c.
Find a download and after you finish,run the exe(sometimes you have to open the rar folder,then run the exe file),then follow the steps to install(it already included DATA.DXAR and the EBOOT.PBP file),unplug the psp,go to game and run the updater.You've got it.
But still im stink on psp.Our master x3sphere is the best.

Asim1

Hi,

I have tried the instructions few times and I keep getting the following message:

The game could not be started. (8002014C)

I am trying to upgrade to 3.40OE_A. I even tried dowloading the files from other sites but no luck. Any help would be greatle appreciated. BTW, I have TC-082 mobo.

Thanks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi,

I have tried the instructions few times and I keep getting the following message:

The game could not be started. (8002014C)

I am trying to upgrade to 3.40OE_A. I even tried dowloading the files from other sites but no luck. Any help would be greatle appreciated. BTW, I have TC-082 mobo.

Thanks

what is your current firmware version? if on a previous OE version did you put the files in the GAME150 folder?

rmt12hoven

iso

Hello,
i have update to dark alex 3.40

When i place iso games in the map ISO i will not see them all in tme menu of my psp
the files i place are iso and cso

anybody have a solution for me ??

thanks in advance,
remon